The following requirements are must-haves for this position.
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot required - you are a power user that uses it in your day to day
- Track record of building multi-channel campaigns that yield substantial results
Do you want a digital marketing opportunity where you can grow your skills and increase your responsibility? Do you have experience with inbound marketing or content marketing programs? You should consider becoming one of our Marketing Strategists.
This is a senior marketing consulting position.
Marketing Strategists at SmartBug Media have an important role serving as the liaison between your Client and SmartBug Media, as well as overseeing all activities required to help those Clients meet their goals and objectives. This means you’ll play a lead role in executing inbound and content marketing activities that include blogging, social media, marketing, SEO and marketing automation while leading Client communication and education. You’ll also be responsible for analyzing each Client’s marketing analytics, creating reports and recommending future strategies and tactics.
We know your leadership is what generates renewal business and increased trust and responsibility with our clients. That's why our Marketing Strategists are compensated for account growth and incremental revenue brought in. That doesn't make this a sales position. It's not. It means that you get to participate in the financial growth of your accounts.
We’re a flat organization and you’ll have a seat at the table in influencing how we grow our company. And this position is a roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done position.
- Create the vision and marketing strategy for your clients, then work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision.
- Create new clients’ Inbound Marketing Playbook and Gap Analysis based on client and customer interviews, research and collaboration with our team.
- Serve as the primary liaison and representative of SmartBug Media for your clients — you are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their business as well as they do.
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to evangelize their success through their organization.
- Become an expert at inbound marketing tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, eBook/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others.
- Become a HubSpot and SmartBug process ninja and keep up with software updates and best practices, educating your teammates as required.
- Execute your clients’ inbound marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals.
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs.
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit.
- Become the resident expert on your clients industry and marketing.
- Contribute to client and internal content development.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence.
- Have fun and make some great friends!
- 5+ years experience building comprehensive marketing campaigns
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management skills
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and Internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in blogging platforms such as a Wordpress
- Experience with Hubspot
SmartBug is a fast-growing digital agency that offers intelligent inbound marketing for revenue growth. We create success for our clients through the use of inbound and digital marketing, web design, public relations, sales enablement, paid media, and creative and branding.
A Diamond-level partner, SmartBug is the highest rated HubSpot partner in the world and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list and as a Great Place to Work™. In the last three years we have won or been a finalist in 47 marketing awards, and have been featured in Chief Marketer, CNBC, the Huffington Post, and Forbes.
SmartBug is a 100% remote company that believes you can both have a challenging, rewarding, and growth-oriented career, while also having the flexibility to create what truly matters: life memories. Our people matter to us as much as the quality of our work.
This is a full-time position with the following benefits:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Medical, dental, vision with agency contribution
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Short- and long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remotely
- A chance to have a rewarding career and creating meaningful life memories