Restaurant Manager is responsible for front-of- house (FOH) functions for opening the restaurant, including guest relations, supervision of the host staff, proper ambiance and set-up. The Manager ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner and attends to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise.
- 2 years of management experience in an upscale environment
- Excellent organizational skills & follow-through
Ability to work effectively in a high-volume, systems-driven environment
- Skilled in cultivating and maintaining guest relationships
- Ability to maintain a warm, hospitable demeanor in a busy environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
Acts as an effective resource for employees and managers, recommends and manages effective communications throughout the Restaurant.
Completes special projects as assigned and provides other support to the Restaurant as needed.
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Be hands on with all Front of House positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Create atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Ensure adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
We look forward to hearing from you. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- manager: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handler (Required)
- Basset (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly