Performs a wide variety of mechanical maintenance and repair of production equipment and machinery using a variety of hand, gas and electrical powered tools. Engages in the welding and fabrication of parts as required. Responds to emergency calls and makes immediate repairs to prevent production down time. Participates in machinery trouble-shooting. Assembles and reassembles equipment; examines and tests mechanisms. Inspects and calibrates instrumentation. Tests equipment and adjusts calibration to ensure equipment is functioning is within specified standards. Interprets technical documents (prints, manuals) as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, disassembling and reassembling of machinery, overhaul gearboxes, and replace bearings, bushings, etc.
- Performs Predictive/Preventive maintenance on processing lines, packaging lines and building facilities.
- Retrieve and close out PMs and work orders from CMMS system.
- Makes recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment.
- Performs final system check out with full understanding of what the item does/is supposed to do.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions with operators and management.
- Perform general building maintenance including plumbing, painting, and roof repairs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Adhere to all PGPT Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all PGPI Safety policies and procedures including Lock-out/Tag-out, Confined Space, and Hazard Material Handling procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting and nonconformity.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Suite products and CMMS.
- Ability to provide minimum mechanic tools to meet PGPI plant standards with lockable tool box.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs, and work at heights .
- Experienced in at least two of the following welding applications: Arc, Tig, Mig, cutting/brazing.
- Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC.
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts.
- Experience with PLCs, Process Controls, and Ladder Logic a plus.
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, IR and megger.
- Position may required employee to work around and troubleshoot energized equipment.
- Experience with HVAC or HVAC Certification a plus.
PGP International rice based product offering range from flour and specialty flour blends, to a wide variety of extruded ingredients including plant proteins. We are a market leader in exporting specialty rice flour blends to the Pacific Rim, and a leading medium grain and glutinous rice flour and extruded ingredient manufacturer domestically.
As part of ABF Ingredients regular employees will be eligible for the following benefits:
- 18 Paid Time Off days per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k Match up to 5%
Job Type: Full-time