HEBS Digital is looking for a client facing Senior UX Designer who applies their micro / macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams daily. You will focus on helping to deliver the best websites in the hospitality industry, bring innovative ideas to the table, quickly sketch them out and articulate them both internally and to our clients in a simple and clear way. Conducting user research and synthesizing it into artifacts like personas is part of this role as well as shaping the information architecture of our websites and products with sitemaps, user scenarios and user flows.
Excellent attention to detail is required to create wireframes and functional specifications at a fast pace for highly complex projects. Within this role you’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. To be successful within this team you must thrive in a fast paced, constantly developing and dynamic environment. You will ensure that we are communicating the UX behind the design to our customer base, and that we are delivering value to our clients while consistently evaluating and improving solutions that help meet HEBS Digital’s business goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs for our website products including lo to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, clickable & static prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation for cross functional teams.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Design, Programming and Project Management teams in an iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Support designers, developers and managers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation required by the team and helping during the Information Architecture project phase
- Present project work to our roster of premium and elite clientele while driving client facing User Experience review and test cycles to close in on final approved experience designs
- Develop and maintain detailed user interface specifications and usability patterns
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts with customers in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management
- Takes personal responsibility for on-time deliverables. Actively advocates user centric design thinking and provides a significant contribution to the development of products.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behavior
- Conduct UX research including evaluation of our competitors
- Develop UX strategy guidelines and procedures
- With collaboratively with the team to generate solutions-oriented approaches to resolving challenges, and help clients see the value of UX in the discovery phase of the project
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design, with a strong body of work.
- Experience working with large, high traffic ecommerce websites a plus
- The ability to consistently deliver polished and professional UI design
- Solid knowledge of Industry design tools (i.e. Adobe CC, and or Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and a solid understanding of all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting and usability testing.
- Experience working on website conversion funnels
- Experience working directly with clients during website production processes
- Exceptional attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Self-motivating and strong initiative
- Preferably you would have some hospitality experience, but if not, at the minimum, they should have a strong interest in the industry
- BA/BS degree - Graphic Design, Experience Design, Interaction Design or related field (or equivalent experience)
Job Type: Full-time
- User Experience Design: 4 years