Psychiatrist needed for ONLY 4-6 hours PER MONTH!
Supervised by: CEO and Administrator
- Provide medical and administrative direction and supervision to subordinate professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Perform medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Review protocols and standardized procedures.
- Work effectively with staff, private physicians, clients and others contracted in the course of work.
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation and planning of health or mental health programs.
- Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Conduct in-service trainings as needed.
- Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments.
- Coordination with the primary care physician.
- Provides direction, as needed, in crisis and potential need for hospitalization.
- Orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained.
- Determines nature and extent of mental disorder and formulates treatment program.
Education and Experience:
- A Board Certified Psychiatrist with at least one year of MHR experience
- Must be authorized to practice psychiatry in Louisiana and enrolled to participate in the Louisiana Medicaid Program.
- The physician must hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine in Louisiana and unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and state and federal controlled substances licenses.
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine with American Psychiatric Association approved training in psychiatry
- Professional Liability Insurance; or
- A Nurse Practitioner with at least one year of MHR experience
· Is a registered nurse licensed and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners.
- The NP must hold an unrestricted license to practice in Louisiana and unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and state and federal controlled substances licenses.
- Must have the advanced psychiatric credential (APRN).
- Must have an active collaborative agreement on file with the nursing board or be able to establish a collaborative agreement within a short period of time.
- Must have professional liability insurance at all times
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)