Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
Ready to take your Clinical Pharmacist skills to the next level with a Fortune 6 company? Check out this outstanding opportunity for a Clinical Pharmacist with CVS Health.
This position is for a Clinical Pharmacist working in the Prior Authorization team.
– Collaborates with the technicians and prior authorization team members to process referrals, including answering clinical questions and collecting appropriate clinical/medical data needed to perform clinical assessments and reviews as per the health plan/employer-agreed criteria within the designated service level agreements.
– Evaluate and review all prior authorization requests and render coverage determinations based on clinical criteria and plan design. Includes verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, interpreting clinical guideline criteria, consulting physicians and other healthcare providers, and appropriately utilizing clinical knowledge and resources while complying with department protocols.
– One of the crucial responsibilities is to guarantee that the decisions regarding cases are conveyed promptly and efficiently to all the healthcare providers, health plans/employers, patients, and other healthcare professionals following agreed-upon approval & denial management processes.
– Performs and handles inbound and outbound phone calls with technicians, prior authorization team members, physicians, healthcare providers, and/or patients to facilitate prior authorization requests, answer inquiries, and/or resolve escalations.
– Establishes and maintains communication among CVS Caremark, health plan, and employer group staff.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge of drug and disease states for the Specialty and Non-Specialty Pharmacy programs administered within the Commercial Prior Authorization and Case Review Unit (CRU) line of business.
– Performs other related projects and duties as assigned, including attending training sessions and development meetings, and providing on-call and after-hours pharmacist availability as needed.
We offer a competitive benefit package including vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and 20-30% employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a remote role open to candidates within the United States.
- 2 years’ experience working as a pharmacist in a PBM setting.
- Experience using clinical resources, e.g., Micromedex, Lexicomp, Clinical Pharmacology
- Ability to prioritize, quickly assess, manage multiple tasks and adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong detail orientation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and make clinical decisions.
- Experience using MS Office and other Windows based computer applications.
- Ability to receive phone calls from prior authorization pharmacy technicians and/or providers for clinical information.
- Active pharmacist license that is in good standing in the state of residence.
- Prior authorization, call center and clinical experience.
- Exposure to clinical and analytical problem solving.
- Ability to consult with pharmacy technicians and/or physicians regarding use of medications and advise of appropriate formulary alternatives when requested.
Bachelor's of Science – Pharmacy or Pharm.D.
The typical pay range for this role is:
$70,200.00 – $176,400.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health colleagues can initiate a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through myHR (1-888-694-7287, or through myLeave at myHR). If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.