Job # 074186
Job Title Part-time Instructor - Global Leadership (Online)
Pay Range Commensurate with experience
FLSA Status Exempt
Job Type Part-time
Campus Syracuse, NY
Unionized Position Code Not Applicable
Understanding the dimensions of culture will form the foundation for study after which the course will then layer in the aspects of leadership impacted by and developed from a globalized workforce and workplace. Dynamics specific to both individuals and their workplaces will be emphasized.
PhD (preferred) or Master’s Degree (required). Significant online teaching experience in the field.
Job Specific Qualifications
Candidates must have significant teaching and/or professional experience in this field. Additional qualifications include:
- Online teaching experience
- Experience with instructional design preferred
- The ability to be self-directed with broadly-defined limits on assignments
- A demonstrated ability to interact effectively and efficiently with diverse people in a highly multidisciplinary environment
- Interest in learning to use new technological tools to engage students in a virtual classroom environment
For each online section:
- Conduct live discussions each week based on material covered asynchronously, potential questions that may have come from students, items in the news that may apply to course concepts, how students are doing on assignments, etc.
- View asynchronous content in advance of each weekly live session
- Meet all designated class periods
- Grade assignments and exams; Maintain regularly scheduled office hours
- Submit progress reports and final grades according to University regulations
- Coordinate with faculty teaching or developing the same courses online or on-campus
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private research university, with over 14,000 full-time undergraduate and over 4,000 full¬time graduate students representing the 50 states and 124 foreign countries. Founded in 1870, it is home to 11 schools and colleges offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Education, Engineering and Computer Science, Human Services and Health Professions, Information Studies, Law, Management, Citizenship and Public Affairs, Public Communications, and Visual and Performing Arts. Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000 and offers many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals, a symphony orchestra, professional regional theater, and numerous malls and movie theaters. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites and wineries along the Finger Lakes to biking trails along the Erie Canal. According to the latest edition of the Places Rated Almanac, Syracuse ranks in the top 10% of Best Places to Live.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of veteran support through education, transition, and hiring. Syracuse University was ranked #1 in New York State and 17th in the nation at the end of 1947 in veteran enrollment as a result of participating in the Serviceman's Readjustment Act of 1944 – the original GI Bill. Today, SU is strongly committed to the Yellow Ribbon Program which is a provision of the Post 9/11 GI Bill to assist in tuition educational benefits and other support. In addition, SU provides a career path for veterans to become Syracuse University employees.
Job Posting Date 11/01/0018
Open Until Filled Yes
Job Category Faculty
Message to Applicants