Position Title:Production Supervisor
Reports To: Production Manager
Supervises: Represented employees
Classification: Salaried, exempt, non-union
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
- Supervise designated shift production operations.
- Lead, direct, motivate and coach employees for the benefit of the company. Create strong two-way communication throughout the organization
- Monitor daily work activities to ensure efficiency standards are met and incorporate practices to improve production efficiencies
- Ensure employees report to work centers assigned by Production Control or make adjustments to the assignments based on resource availability conditions
- Arrange for coverage in the case of employee absences. May perform functions of supervised employees in emergency and absentee situations
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality, safety and environmental and housekeeping programs; Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to achieve business goals and objectives
- Issue and stage materials for next shift’s production needs, including issuing supplies and updating inventory locations
- Submit Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) for process improvements and corrections
- Understand and comply with terms of the UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement. Participate in Step 1 of the grievance handling process as needed
- Recommend, direct and manage training courses for production employees
- Provide performance evaluation details. Lead semi-annual wage review meetings for represented employees
- Ensure employees follow the designated production schedules and assist in work prioritization where necessary
- Provide feedback to employees related to non-conformances and efficiency data
- Enforce shop rules and company policies and administer disciplinary action as necessary
- Initiate maintenance work request related to equipment and the facility
- Oversee the receiving process for all incoming goods
- Complete required reports within 24 hours for anyone injured while on duty; Arrange for transportation to the Company’s designated occupational health clinic
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to improve systems and reduce the cost of manufacturing.
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and at least three years of related experience and/or equivalent education & experience
- Previous supervisory experience is required, preferably in a union environment
- Previous experience in manufacturing is highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Previous experience using CRM/ERP tools preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and ISO:9001 international standards is a plus
- Position is required to be on-site, occasional work from home with supervisor approval is available
- Supports and demonstrates the Company’s core values
This position is designed to work full-time. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday. An alternate schedule may be arranged or assigned based on the business demands, nature of duties performed, and other factors. Occasional flexibility to work evenings or weekends may be required as job responsibilities demand. Regular work, after hours and/or weekend work may be performed remotely, if the capability exists. Little to no travel is expected for this position. This position mainly operates in an office environment during work hours, but may be expanded to assist and support employees in other departments within the Company; Occasional exposure to production equipment and machinery. The employee will manage multiple priorities daily and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees. The environment may be busy and noisy. All required personal protective equipment is provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend most of his/her time sitting using computers and standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Occasional moving and/or lifting of 10 pounds, stooping, bending and reaching with hands and arms. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
Weldaloy Products Company provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, height, weight or arrest record in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- This position will require a minimum of 50 hours per week. Are you ok with this schedule?
- What are your salary requirements?
Work Location: In person