At CISCRP we are always interested in meeting qualified candidates eager to join our mission. The caliber, passion, and energy of our teams drive the success of our educational initiatives and inspire the public, patient, and professional communities that we serve. Our people make all the difference!
By joining the Boston-based nonprofit CISCRP, you will become part of a team dedicated to raising awareness and understanding about clinical research and the important role it plays in public health. Utilize your analytical, detail-oriented critical thinking skills to assess and enhance our award-winning programs, services, and educational materials.
This role will largely be dedicated to the Health Communication Services program. You will assist with editing and writing patient-facing materials and thereby ensuring patients in clinical trials have the opportunity to understand their important role in advancing medical science, to be informed about their clinical trial and its results, and to be respected as true partners in the research process.
Responsibilities as Editor include:
- Developmental editing and writing of patient and public facing educational materials. These may include Trial Results Summaries, Thank You Cards, Informed Consent documents, study brochures, general educational brochures, website/online content, marketing materials, newsletter contributions, internal documentation (such as work instructions), and more.
- Perform copyedits and pre-delivery checks on patient and public facing educational materials.
- Apply industry best practices and ensure the appropriate components are included to satisfy applicable regulatory requirements for any given communication.
- Apply, and contribute to the enhancement of, internal CISCRP patient communication guidelines in accordance with health literacy best practices.
- Review and help design graphical content tables, charts, graphs, and images to ensure appropriateness for audiences with limited or no scientific training.
- Guide the implementation of change requests and comments from Editorial Panel and clients to ensure lay reader and client needs are met while maintaining strictly neutral and scientifically accurate presentation of findings. May include adjudication of change requests and comments and interacting with research sponsor scientific and medical writing staff by phone and email to resolve change requests.
- Ensure that CISCRP materials are clear and accurate, consistent in style and content, and that they maintain the highest quality standards across the organization’s communications.
- Support updating of CISCRP Trial Results Summary (TRS) template and managing of client specific TRS templates (including direct interaction with sponsor teams to customize, revise and finalize the template).
- Support development of internal trainings related to editorial/compliance best practices.
- Participate in meetings with clients to discuss development of materials and implementation of change requests.
Qualifications and Skills: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Minimum of 3 year full-time paid work experience (or equivalent) in medical journalism, and/or plain language or lay language writing, and/or visual and digital health communication
- Advanced degree (MA, MS, MPH, PHD, etc.) in Health Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Medical writing association certifications and/or memberships
- Paid work experience in medical and clinical research educational material development for patient and public audiences
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
All employees are currently working remotely due to Covid-19. All new employees will be onboarded and trained remotely.
- In a few sentences, tell us about your experience editing for best practices in health related communications.
- Do you have experience with plain language writing and editing?
- Do you have a medical writing association certification or membership?
- editing medical or clinical research related materials: 3 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings