Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Internet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, home security, Voice, and high speed Internet access. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country. 20M+ On-Demand video are streamed daily, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are streamed daily across the country, 167M+ phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles or network pipeline.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? As a senior software Engineer on the Service Platform Acceleration and Cloud Engineering (SPACE) team, you will report directly to the Chief Architect of Cloud Infrastructure to help modernize and migrate applications to existing and new cloud venues. The SPACE team is a new, small and fast-moving group of world-class experts who are innovating in delivering software-defined infrastructure services and platforms. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility. SPACE Technical Project Managers are closely aligned with engineering and architecture teams and are responsible for managing multiple complex projects throughout the entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deploymentThe ideal candidate will have a intermediate understanding of public and private cloud technologies and experience managing complex engineering projects. As a key member of the SPACE Architecture team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform. You will participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the public and private clouds. You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to bring a cloud native approach to architecting and deploying Comcast's newest capabilities in a highly reliable and scalable way. Success in this role is characterized by the overall performance, reliability, security, and scalability of an application. Success can also be measured by the overall cost savings for the business.Our TPM will:
- Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and vendors to ensure project compliance to standards, coordinate multiple complex high priority tasks.
- Assure feature and functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery.
- Ensure milestone dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Maintain project status reports on projects. Create and manage contingency plans for projects.
- Estimate and manage budgets.
- Evaluate impact change request against communicated timelines.
- Act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Coordinate scoping and architecture review activities for initiated programs and follow process for program approval at architecture initiation board.
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead engineer.-Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Coordinate change request generation and tracking.Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project's progress as required by product engineering management.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies.-Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in public and private cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability in building cloud native and 12 factor applications
- Demonstrated production-level software development skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- Linux systems administration skills, across distributions, and especially in a cloud or virtualized environment
- Understanding of IP networking and traffic scaling
- Experience with agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in research data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ability to travel when needed; expected travel is 5-25%
- At least 10 years' experience in a software engineering role
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS, Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- Proponent of open source software licenses
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers, technologists, and managers
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer