The Assistant, Production will support an SVP of Production & VP of Production to manage the day-to-day administrative functions. The Assistant will interact with all personnel internally, and with external agents, producers, writers, directors, and talent on our Studio productions.
General administrative duties including:
answer phones, schedule meetings, process mail, copying, filing, and expense reporting via Concur
Able to prioritize and multitask many high-level projects with timely deadlines
Actively interface with show Production Coordinators regarding Studio requirements
Oversee production office compliance regarding document formats and file uploads
Arrange executive travel, as well as interim production cast & crew travel
Maintain Studio staff & crew and distribution lists
Scout, build and manage writing offices
Facilitate onboarding of writing room support staff new hires
Create production calendars & one-sheet budget summaries with production executive
Perform script breakdowns of pilot scripts
Troubleshoot show production issues as needed
Coordinate and liaise with internal departments, such as Labor Relations, Legal, Business Affairs, Creative, & Post
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1 year of industry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a production environment, television production a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure.
- Professional, flexible, personable, self-starter and quick-learner with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.