This is a full time/part time position, with an hourly pay rate of $14 per hour.
The St. George Clinic is open Monday through Friday 10am-6pm. This position will work Monday - Friday from 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
In a work team environment, the clinical assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical functions. Job duties include all clinical, financial and clerical, facility maintenance, and training of team members, interns/externs, and volunteers. They provide information, within scope of job duties and training, regarding all Planned Parenthood resources, options, and services. They also provide quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Participates with team members in identifying and improving systems, activities, behaviors, resolving issues, etc. which result in improving quality services.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and provide continuing care and/or referrals based on the client’s need.
- Performs routine office duties, including, but not limited to, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, providing referrals, explaining and collecting fees, entering client information into computer, etc.
- Maintains client electronic record systems and lab results and ensures accurate input of information into the computer system.
- Interviews clients according to client-centered education methods to obtain and provide information.
- Provides accurate information to all clients about all FDA approved birth control methods as well as adoption, prenatal and abortion services in accordance with PPAU policy and medical guidelines.
- Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion.
- Performs appropriate lab procedures in accordance with OSHA and universal infection control guidelines. Maintains proficiency in performing CLIA waived tests and phlebotomy.
- Assists medical provider in the examination and procedure-surgical rooms.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
WHY WORK AT PPAU?
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in a medical setting or other experience with extensive customer service contact; or 0-1 years experience plus post-High School education/certification in a medical or health field, gender studies, social work, family planning, or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Medical insurance, dental, vision, and 403b match included.
In addition to competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, being part of the PPAU team means providing all Utahans with the opportunity to move through their reproductive lives as safely, confidently, and healthily as possible.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.