- Must possess a minimum current/active DOD Top Secret with SCI eligibility security clearance - preference to active TS/SCI candidates -no clearance sponsorship, must already possess.
- Do not apply if you do not posses a current or active DOD TS/SCI security clearance
Desired Skill Set
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics(STEM) based degree. However, all backgrounds will be considered in place of 8+ years of proven formal professional development/software engineering experience with supporting references and portfolio of work.
- Tangible real world provable track record of effectively delivering custom developed software solutions for big data analytics.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years solid programming, development, and software engineering expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience developing off from Linux based platforms
- Languages - Python, Java/Scala(At least one JVM Based Language), SQL, Bash, Markdown
- Experience and expertise associated server side/back end development associated with data pipelines, data transforms/normalization, data loading, and data streaming - moving data from point A to point B at the lowest latency computationally
- Expertise with regular expressions chaining and lexical parsing of data toward transformation of raw event data into common open data formats such as JSON or Avro - data encoding/decoding/serialization/deserialization.
- Expertise developing applications that interface with API's such as REST API's
- Experience and Expertise in developing and fielding application capabilities via Docker
- Experience and Expertise with the concept of Infrastructure as Code - where systems design/architecture marries to application design/architecture - one and the same
- Comprehension and experience regarding the concept, "Infrastructure as Code"
- Strong git and git based version and work flow based systems such as GitHub or GitLab
- Comprehension and experience engaging in Agile or CI/CD development workflows
- Not required, however would be a pro - Experience with Cyber Security Operations Computer Network Defense Mission - experience supporting operations as a developer/software engineer and the development of CND Detection analytics, models, or capabilities.
- Experience coding machine learning analytics, statistical analytics, and deep learning would be a plus.
- Passion for development, and open source technologies.
- Preference to experience with the Dev/Ops Orchestration Framework Fabric(Python)
- Ability to develop custom Linux ISO images
- Ability to develop custom container images utilizing either docker, or buildah
- Desired experience with Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Experience developing build or change process workflows leveraging various infrastructure API's with end state objective of automation of build or change processes
- Design and Architecture of an O&M Support Development Environment in support of a big data analytic system capability
- Development Automated Change Control Processes utilizing a Dev/Ops Orchestration Framework
- Development Disaster Recovery Process
- Development Container Images
- Development Data Stream Data Pipeline Integration between disparate vendor technologies
- Development KSQL/Kafka Streams API centered Computer Network Defense Detection Models/Methods/Use Cases Applications
- Development of standard and nonstandard analytics in support of the Computer Network Defense Detection Mission - includes statistical analytics, graph analytics, machine learning, deep learning, user behavioral analytics,
- Development Systems, Application, and Core Capability Health Monitoring Capabilities
- Development Proof of Concepts New Emerging Technologies
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Kafka Streams
- Elastic Stack
- Elastic Beats
- Apache NiFi
- Predominately Remote Work or at Customer Site When on Travel
- Can reside anywhere within Continental United States(OCONUS), as long as ability to obtain reliable high speed internet access.
- Period of performance March 2, 2020 - March 2, 2021
- 5% to 10% Travel
- Laptop, Monitor, Standup Desk
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- CI/CD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scala: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kafka: 1 year (Preferred)
- Podman: 1 year (Preferred)
- Buildah: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 2 years (Preferred)
- git: 4 years (Preferred)
- Kafka Streams: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- Analytic Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabric(Python): 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Required)
- GitLab: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 8 years (Required)
- Docker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Engineering: 8 years (Preferred)
- Spark: 1 year (Preferred)
- GitHub: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 4 years (Required)
- Flink: 1 year (Preferred)
- Do you posses an active or current DOD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement