We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical, systems, and design engineering on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
This CONTRACT position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
- Perform detailed design tasks using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and other software tools to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft.
- Interfacing and communicating with customers, program and functional management, other spacecraft engineering disciplines, and component suppliers.
- Develop test plans and procedures and support structural testing at the component and spacecraft levels.
- Perform cost and schedule planning for projects and proposals.
- Expected to be self-motivated and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems under general supervision.
- Skills include, but not limited to, Computer Aided Design (CAD), knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and Mechanics of Metallic and Composite Materials.
Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area (Degrees in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering highly preferred) and 9+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 7+ years of experience.
Active Top Secret clearance.
Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with design, manufacturing, and testing of structures.
Experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft (or similar hardware) to include layout, design, and build.
Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, preferably CREO.
Active Top Secret/SCI
Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards and preparation of manufacturing documentation.
Experience with 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and hands-on hardware fabrication
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $180,000.00 - $210,000.00 per year
- Mechanical Engineering: 7 years (Required)
- Spacecraft related: 3 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19