\*\*This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be considered.\*\*
Coordinate the institution's athletics media and assist the Director of Athletic Communications with vision, leadership and direction as it relates to sports information and marketing of the growing athletics program. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating all media activities relevant to the Department of Athletics and its sports programs, and instructing courses within the Communications Major, developing Sports Communications courses/programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the social media channels regularly.
- Coordinate Live Streams for Competition, enhancing the production and delivery.
- Develop scripts for athletic functions, and other departments on campus as needed.
- Serve as PA Announcer/MC for STU events as needed.
- Responsible for the supervision of all student and staff assistants, including but not limited to: graduate assistants, interns, student workers, contract employees, video, film and/or audio crews, photographers, public address announcers and statisticians.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media professionals, alumni, friends, fans, support groups and University personnel.
- Pitch local, regional and national media outlets to procure maximum media exposure for the University's athletic teams, coaches and student-athletes.
- Serve as an athletic department liaison to University Communications, local media outlets, web service provider, live streaming provider, and visiting teams.
- Coordinate integration with Sports Administration program and the communication program into Sports Information operations, leveraging the studio production facility to train students.
- Develop broadcasters and technical support for Live Streams, through communication courses and student workers.
- Teach up to 3 courses per semester in the communications program, developing courses/programs to grow the area of Sports Communication.
- Serve on University committees as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Master's degree required; PHD preferred. Qualifications include a minimum of two years of related experience in sports information or media relations. Demonstrated experience in the following areas: internet radio broadcasting, and should have strong writing and editing skills. Demonstration of strong organizational, communication, and time management skills is required. Position requires some travel and irregular work hours demanding a willingness to work a flexible schedule and commit to evenings/weekends. Ability to communicate effectively and exercise critical human relation skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the university community.
After 1 year of continuous full‐time service, employees are eligible to enroll in STU’s bachelor and master courses, tuition‐free. The program will cover a maximum timeframe of 125% of credit hours attempted toward the degree program. Employees may enroll in STU’s doctoral program, with a 40% tuition discount, under the same conditions.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university sponsored by the Archdiocese of Miami committed to academic and professional success guided by its Catholic identity. All employees are therefore expected to respect the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and support the University’s religious mission. All employees hereby acknowledge their familiarity and support of the religious affiliation, mission and values of St. Thomas University.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Thomas University is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse and inclusive organization. It is the policy of the University to fill each vacancy with the candidate who represents the best fit for the position and to promote and transfer employees from within whenever possible and practical. Employment decisions are made on the basis of the candidate’s personal capabilities, qualifications, and ability to assist the University in fulfilling its mission without discrimination. With regard to the latter, the University’s program of recruiting employees for mission aims to inform prospective employees of the University’s mission and to help them and hiring personnel determine how they will support and contribute to the University’s mission.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Employer. E-Verify® is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. STU will utilize E-Verify® to verify employment eligibility for all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Sports marketing: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location