If you enjoy leading a successful team, then this is the right opportunity for you! You will coach and lead your team to help our customers, while working in a fun team environment. You'll go home feeling like you made a difference and watch your team grow, develop and succeed. As a Team Lead, you'll spend your day assisting and guiding your team, with every day as an opportunity for you to help your team members better serve our customers. Lead and inspire Business Operations employees. Create an environment where all employees are focused on delivering excellence for the people we serve through timely and accurate completion of work, and innovative problem solving including anticipation of needs.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethical standards and integrity. Set an example of commitment to the organization for other employees. Accept responsibility for actions and results.
- Provide daily direction/communication to employees / suppliers to ensure administrative tasks/functions are performed efficiently.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures in order to research/handle escalated/complex issues and to accurately respond to employees, suppliers, dealers and customers' inquiries.
- Monitor process volume/performance, identify unusual volume fluctuations, variances and process performance deterioration; including action plan to reverse negative trends.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and partner with stakeholders across business units to develop effective improvement plans.
- Recommends and encourages employees /suppliers to seek innovative improvements to processes in order to improve team performance and effectiveness.
- Ensure employees / suppliers have appropriate training and other resources to perform their job task/functions.
- Participate in workforce management; involved in scheduling, recruitment, if applicable, and performance management.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations, if applicable, and performance issues according to established company policies.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member in a constructive manner. Write and administer performance reviewsEstablish practice and processes that support departmental standards, site and company policies, procedures, standards and strategic goals/directives.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Ensure timekeeping and other HR portal functions are accurate; monitor policy and procedure compliance; abide by the Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Keep current with client developments affecting customer service and with company policies by reading daily updates. Effectively and accurately communicates same to subordinate staff or suppliers as appropriate.
- Maintain or increase employee engagement results / ensure supplier focus aligns with Ally strategic focus.
- Find innovative solutions to more complex or difficult issues with appropriate escalation to higher level call center service staff.
- Coordinate and lead complex projects and functions.
- Considered go to person within the site for specialists and other leaders.
- Recognized as a mentor/coach to others.
- Knowledge and expertise in multiple processes/functions.
- Ability to lead large and complex teams with minimal employee relations issues.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred.
- 4 + years related experience in customer service or financial services industry is needed. Prior leadership experience is needed. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Project management skills, strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills (oral - written skills)
- Ability to effectively partner across business units to achieve targeted results.
- Ability to function independently within a multi-task environment while mastering a variety of tasks and functions.
- Knowledge of company policies - procedures
- Represent the organization in a professional manner; demonstrate a high level of ethical standards and integrity
- Lead by example and accept responsibility for actions and results
- Encourage effective collaboration and problem solving
- Monitor operational metrics, observe trends and make process improvement recommendations. Work in tandem with the Organizational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma) operation on process improvement projects (collect and analyze data).
- Experience leading cross functional teams a plus.
- Act as the lead or as a partner with Project Management and Vendor Operations on special assignments as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in areas of expertise
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Servicing is part of Ally's Dealer Financial Services business and is a leading auto finance customer service organization with a portfolio of 4 million accounts. Ally is a full spectrum auto servicing organization including value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.