Instructional Systems Implementation Project Manager ensures the project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Instructional Systems Implementation Project Manager oversees the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate.
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Set up document repository to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
Control the project
- Manages revenue goals set for projects.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
- Sets expectations upward regarding revenue and profitability projections.
- Performs as the initial management escalation point for any project related issues.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects.
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or in writing or on the phone at all times.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
Work Experience 5 years.
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology/ERP sector.
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly known as Navision).
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
IGF follows social-distancing guidelines prescribed by the CDC and all COVID-19 protections outlined by the Commonwealth of Virginia, including mandatory health checks prior to entering the facility and requiring face mask usage.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place