Manages and oversees training of US personnel in US Export and Trade Controls. Establishes, implements and maintains internal controls using policies, procedures and work instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts training of US personnel relative to US Export and Trade Controls.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains internal controls in the form of policies, procedures, and work instructions to ensure that Crane fully satisfies its regulatory obligations pertaining to US Export and Trade Controls.
- Manages the verification of the effectiveness of such internal controls at Crane stations by conducting compliance review audits of all US business units that handle export transactions (all modes of transport).
- Analyzes controls through qualitative and quantitative evaluation of transactional documentation for compliance with US trade regulations.
- Establish and implement internal controls to preclude the company's participation in transactions or activities contrary to U.S. trade regulations or that are inconsistent with the company's best practices.
- Annually, perform risk analyses of stations; develop annual audit plan, individual audit agendas, questionnaires and related communications.
- Plan, organize, schedule and lead the audit activities of the Global Trade Compliance Team; providing comprehensive and objective analyses of station export files; verifying completeness, accuracy, compliance and overall file integrity.
- Document audit findings and prepare reports with recommendations for presentation to senior management.
- Investigate possible export violations; track, report, and resolve matters of non-compliance; seeking guidance of the Global Director Trade Compliance as necessary.
- Production of recurrent or ad hoc reports, metrics, and presentations for senior management.
- Liaise with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Dept of State, and U.S. Census Bureau, to assist with detentions, seizures, investigations, and mitigation as required.
- Attend government agencies' quarterly and annual conferences and seminars.
- Contact agencies of US Government and other regulatory entities as necessary to investigate or address relevant questions or concerns.
- Track and analyze new and revised legislation which govern program compliance to determine impact on operations; modify program as appropriate in response to changes in US trade law or legal requirements.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions relative to exports and re-exports.
- Author and disseminate internal communications to raise compliance awareness within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Talking, hearing and using hands to operate computer equipment
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Proficient and conversant with all Global Trade Compliance policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret existing and industry and government requirements.
- Ability to coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from all departments to accomplish assigned objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree/Business
- Direct experience and working knowledge on Export Control
- Minimum of 2 years work experience relative to Trade
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Certification as a "Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO), Import certification or Brokers License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify Check.