Deloitte Global is the engine of the Deloitte network. Our professionals reach across disciplines and borders to develop and lead global initiatives. We deliver strategic programs and services that unite our organization.
Work you'll do
Aligned to one or more client portfolio(s) and provides oversight across portfolio of projects and programs to drive successful value delivery to the organization; responsible for collaboration with key stakeholders in development of portfolio roadmaps, budget planning, and identification and prioritization of projects. Responsible for resource allocation across portfolio, development of portfolio-level metrics, tracking and managing portfolio budget, and regular status reporting. Manages customer relationships, builds and fosters relationships with key stakeholders, and provides accurate, timely, and audience-specific communications.
Manages the day-to-day activities of project managers and other PMO team members, provides coaching and performance feedback, participates in annual performance reviews and resource planning, and serves as escalation point for project and program managers.
- Contributes to organization-wide strategic planning and coordinates with stakeholders to develop portfolio roadmaps and budgets.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects, collaborating with stakeholders to define project objectives and scope.
- Develops and manages portfolio-level metrics and reporting, documentation, and artifacts.
- Participates in annual financial planning process and manages overall portfolio budget and program/project financial reporting.
- Conducts resource planning and allocation across the various projects and programs, assesses and addresses impact of changes on overall portfolio projects given shared resource impacts.
- Provide oversight/lead cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-risk, complex projects, directly affecting the Firm's strategy to meet technology and business requirements on-time and within budget.
- Identifies and manages cross-project and cross-portfolio interdependencies.
- Oversee issue/risk management, remediation plans, and escalations across the portfolio(s) - responsible for providing management direction in these areas and ensuring clear communication, consideration of all factors, generation of solution alternatives, and defined actionable plans that are implemented.
- Conducts regular portfolio reviews with key stakeholders and leadership.
- Proposes changes to project methodologies, and frameworks.
- Promotes best practices in the organization and contributes to the journey for continuous process improvement.
- Seek and capitalize on opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Manages customer relationships, builds and fosters relationships with key stakeholders, and provides accurate, timely, and audience-specific communications.
- Prepares and delivers regular, audience-specific communications/reports/dashboards to ensure that program sponsors, CIO advisors and leadership are adequately apprised of program and project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
- Helps established governance models as needed, and ensures execution in alignment with applicable governance processes.
- Serves as escalation point for project/program managers for the portfolio(s) they manage.
- Breaks down organizational barriers and encourages sharing of ideas across the entire organization
- Creates an environment in which people take responsibility for achieving results
- Anticipates barriers to change and creates opportunities to remove them
- Creates a culture which is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices
- Talent management responsibility:
- Coaches/counsels direct reports.
- Provides counseling related to career path to direct reports.
- Guides direct reports in development of learning plans.
- Supports skill development of direct reports.
- Participates in performance review and feedback process.
- Helps resolve performance issues for direct reports.
- Contributes to cross-organization development and learning programs.
- Lead and facilitate resource identification, hiring, and on-boarding
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived
Education & Certifications:
- 10-12 years of experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT initiatives utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
- Proven expertise in planning, estimation, tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as stakeholder relationship management.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to analyze, understand, and communicate complex ideas across a varied audience (including C-Level executives)
- Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and mentor team members.
- Experience in working with onshore/offshore teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business/IT.
- PMP/Prince 2 certification preferred.
- Agile/Scrum master certification a plus.
- SAFe certification preferred (i.e. Lean Portfolio Management).
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Agile project experience
- Proficient in MS Project and MS Project Server (or similar applications)
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.
- ServiceNow experience is desirable
At Deloitte Global people are valued and respected for who they are - with opportunities to bring their unique perspectives, talents and passions to business challenges. Our global workspace creates room for individuality and collaboration. Ours is an inclusive, supportive, connected culture with a focus on development, flexibility, and well-being. This culture makes Deloitte Global one of the most rewarding places to work, and to transform your career.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe in investing in you, helping you identify and hone your unique strengths at every step of your career. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities, and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Our Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do-that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being.
#LI-Hybrid Hybrid work, remote may be an option