Furniture Delivery Driver and Furniture Installer
CORT is a national leasing company now seeking career minded individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We are looking for both experienced and entry level candidates who are excited and motivated to be a part of a well-established and growing Berkshire Hathaway Company! offering 1k signing bonus.
To be qualified, you must:
- be looking for a great career
- have a valid drivers license
- pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
Pay starts between $18 and 22$ hour. We offer a full benefits package and 40 hours per week with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus potential.
The purpose of this job is to serve as primary on the delivery team, safely load and operate a truck to efficiently deliver and install residential and office furnishings within the agreed upon time frame and in accordance with the lease agreement. All duties described below must be performed in accordance with the processes in the BDP manual for Distribution and observing safety expectations to avoid accidents and/or injuries and product damage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in daily start of shift meeting including exercise program.
- Check manifest, reviewing each stop, plan route, note special instructions and pre-calls, address and resolve any known potential problems before heading out.
- Check furniture to ensure acceptable condition for delivery prior to loading truck.
- Confirm all electronics and lighting work prior to leaving the stop.
- Complete Vehicle Inspection Report and safety check truck daily.
- Perform checklist of truck to ensure all equipment and supplies are available.
- Safely load truck in a manner to protect product from damage during transport.
- Accurately scan and check items against lease agreement.
- Deliver and install furniture in a safe manner and within agreed upon timeframe.
- Pickup furniture at lease end.
- Communicate with dispatch: Report all pick-up and delivery issues and record information on paperwork.
- Document start and end times at each stop for productivity purposes.
- Wipe down and touch-up furniture once delivered to ensure its integrity.
- Provide world class customer service to everyone you come in contact with.
- Unload, sort and scan returned furniture to download/repair.
- Utilize helper to spot when driving the box truck in reverse.
- Fold blankets and store equipment and supplies in an effort to keep the truck organized.
- Support warehouse functions as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /18.00hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Furniture Delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
Typical start time:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road