General Statement of Duties: Reports to the Sr. Director of Strategic Initiatives. Responsible for developing QAPI and Educational team, plans, and activities to promote clinical excellence across Coastal Hospice care teams. Designated as Essential Personnel. Participates in Administrative On-call rotation.
1. Collaborates with Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and Vice President of Clinical Services to establish standards of excellence in patient services.
2. Ensures a consistent high quality hospice experience for each patient and family served by collaborating with other leaders to develop strategies to improve health services delivery and documentation.
3. In collaboration with Human Resources, hires, supervises, and counsels QAPI/Education team members.
4. Coordinates audits with QAPI/Education Team for Utilization Review and focus studies.
5. Leads project teams as required.
6. Prepares for State, Federal and Joint Commission Surveys; participates in survey process.
7. Demonstrates ability to measure and report on clinical staff competencies.
8. Provides oversight of chart audits for compliance with federal and state Hospice regulations.
9. Provides leadership to and participates on the Performance Improvement Committee, Infection Control Coordination Group, and provides oversight of Education Committee.
10. Provides oversight of education and development of internal staff and contracted partners through education needs assessment inclusive of development of annual education calendar.
11. Participates in ongoing assessment, development and presentation of Coastal Hospice orientation in collaboration with Education Coordinator and hospice management team.
12. Performs patient care on as needed basis which requires:
a. Appropriately licensed to work in Maryland. Current CPR certification for Healthcare Providers (BLS).
b. Sight, hearing and manual dexterity to function with or without prosthetics use that will enable these senses to function adequately to fulfill the requirements of the job.
c. The ability to lift, push, pull or move patients, equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 50 pounds with or without the use of adaptive/assistive devices.
d. The ability to negotiate level and unlevel surfaces with or without the use of assistive devices.
e. Access to a vehicle for work
13. Flexes schedule as determined by program needs.
Serves as a resource and mentor to staff which requires:
a. Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred
b. Hospice or related experience
c. Certification relevant to role
d. Minimum 12 hours annually of professional development
Measures and reports on progress towards achieving quality standards which requires:
e. Working knowledge of MS Outlook Suite
f. Basic knowledge of statistics and ability to objectively interpret findings