The Benefits Manager is responsible for overseeing the administration of the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs for Insight Global US and Canada. This includes regular auditing duties. This position will also have responsibility, along with the Director of HR, for assisting in the plan design, strategic direction and financial reconciliation of the company’s benefits programs.
· Oversees administration of all company benefits programs in the US: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance, FSA, HSA, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance, Accident and Gap Coverage, and the 401(k) plan.
· Oversees administration of all company benefit programs in Canada: Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance, and the retirement plan.
· Oversees daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly benefit controls.
· Provides guidance and interpretation of Benefits/HR policies and procedures.
· Advises employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit related matters.
· Tracks and reports LOA, FMLA, STD, and LTD.
· Works closely with the company’s benefit brokers and benefit vendors.
· Oversees all benefits invoicing.
· Responsible for the financial reconciliation of all benefit programs.
· Designs and oversees distribution of all benefits communication company-wide.
· Administers Open Enrollment.
· Ensures compliance with ERISA and ACA guidelines.
· Prepares yearly 1095-C reporting.
· Handles 401(k) annual audits and 5500 reporting.
· Provides support on audits and compliance related requests.
· Maintains HR system records and compiles reports as needed.
· Works closely with HR Team, Recruiters, Finance, Accounting, and Payroll.
· Reports life Insurance data to appropriate carriers/vendors.
· Submits San Francisco Health Ordinance quarterly payment.
· Works closely with the benefits broker to gather market data and ensure Insight Global’s benefit package is competitive.
· Supervises benefits team.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
· Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years of experience in Benefits Administration.
· CEBS or SPHR Certification desired, but not required.
· Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, COBRA, Social Security and DOL requirements.
· ADP Health & Welfare experience preferred by not required
· Ability to work with both technical and administrative personnel.
· Strong organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
· Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information.
· Excellent communicator (oral and written) including the desire to ask questions and learn from co-workers.
· Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong administrative and data management skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Job Type: Full-time