Ocean City, MD
ARK Systems, Inc., is dedicated to providing unsurpassed quality and excellence in data communications, video, sound, fire and security alarm systems. We are committed to innovative designs and ideas supported by the implementation of high quality integrated electronic systems and infrastructure. We are constantly striving to expand into the newest proven technologies available that build upon our highly trained technical staff and skilled craftsmen. For life safety systems, data networks, communications and more, ARK offers our customers seamless, truly integrated solutions. From design, to installation, to certification, to maintenance and service, ARK handles it all, for any size project, large or small. For over 40 years, we've only done it one way - The ARK way. We believe it is what has made us an industry leader.
This position manages the overall operations of office functions of the Delmarva (Ocean City) branch to include: all installation and service projects from turnover by project development, the main office management or end user through completion for electronic and sprinkler systems. This position's major responsibilities include: general operations management, cost control, the responsible allocation of company resources, quality control, supervision of installation technicians, technical guidance to customers, and customer service. This individual must resolve customer concerns and portray ARK in a positive manner to customers. If you have Operations Management related experience in the construction industry -- we want to talk to you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TECHNICAL MANAGER
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Maintains a qualified staff of the appropriate quantity.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned as related to company standards.
- Maintains company standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned, evaluations and performance issues.
- Completes annual performance reviews of all assigned personnel.
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious climate conductive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Initiates subcontracts and manages subcontractors.
- Project review and layout.
- Verifies and approves timecards and expense reports for subordinates.
- Completes project cost control from ordering of material to customer acceptance, final material reconciliation and project close-out.
- Coordinates and provides feedback to other departments (accounting, service, sales) to improve company efficiency and effectiveness.
- Logistics – manpower, material and travel issues.
- Material requisitioning per job specifications, requirements and company estimates/ proposals.
- Determines proper technical solutions by using assigned resources for all matters which occur on assigned projects.
- Coordinates daily scheduling with customer and employees.
- Supervises installations to maintain quality control throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures job safety.
- Assembles as-built and test documentation for job turnover.
- Attends progress meetings where applicable.
- Provides Accounting with monthly billing and information as required. Reviews work in process report monthly and updates as applicable.
- Project kickoff and daily support with Foreman/Technicians to assure success including: initial site visit, project scope, project priorities and flow, daily contact to resolve present or potential problems and follow-up visits to site to assure quality, contractual obligations, and to gauge personnel performance.
- Applies ARK mission, policies and philosophy.
IS THIS YOU?
- Solid basic business and financial knowledge and experience.
- Highly developed customer relations training, experience, and skills.
- Strong field electronic/electrical practical systems experience.
- Ability to interpret specifications and contract documents.
- Proven experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Able to work in a high volume/fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management, staff and employees.
- Hold and maintain a clear criminal record in order to obtain and hold a security registration in multiple states as required.
- Hold and maintain a valid drivers license insurable through our insurance carrier.
- High level of proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of an AA degree in Electronics or its equivalent, with 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Must have 5+ years supervisory experience in a related business environment.
- NICET certification is preferred, or the ability to obtain NICET certification once hired.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, credit union, generous paid time off, and a matching 401(k) Plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Does this sound like you? We encourage you to apply today for immediate consideration! Thank you!