- Bachelor of Science degree in medical technology with 4 years of high complexity testing experience or MLT certificate with 2 years of experience in high complexity testing
- Current certification or registration as a MT or MLT such as ASCP, AMT, NCA, HEW
- Strong knowledge of CLIA and COLA compliance rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good computer knowledge (Word, Excel, and Power point) and skills in lab information systems.
- Can establish a QA and QC program
Essential Job Functions Under general supervision of a Laboratory Director/Supervisor and other supervision, and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Must be able to interpret and summarize laboratory data and prepare written reports
- Must supervise storage, dispersal, and disposal of all specimens.
- Performs routine laboratory test procedures as outlined in the laboratory standard operating procedure manuals. Adheres to quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Participates in developmental work on new tests
- Maintains and operates lab equipment; can detect malfunctions as they occur by review of instrument results. Troubleshoots the problem with technologist or service representative assistance
- Participates in established TQM activities, QC testing of lab reagents and maintenance of equipment. Follows protocol for running and documenting control values. Collects, evaluates, and reports quality management data to monitor and improve laboratory performance.
- Attends, participates and establish continuing education programs to monitor proficiency, expand current knowledge and enhance professional excellence. Willingly shares knowledge and provides clinical orientation to other members of the staff.
- Trains new employees as assigned
- Maintains and assists with continual compliance as required by standards of accrediting or regulatory agencies
- Adheres to confidentiality, safety, compliance, and legal requirements
- Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prepare for COLA/CLIA inspections
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Must be able to hear, see and respond adequately
- Frequent prolonged standing, walking, sitting and bending over
- Use of hands and fingers
- Air conditioned laboratory environment
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction
- May be asked to work extended hours
- Ability to understand instructions, reason and make judgements
- Ability to understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their effective use
- Ability to perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material
- Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate clearly with others
- Ability to handle emergency or crisis situations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the employee(s) functioning in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of said personnel. The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify assigned duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Job Type: Full-time
- High Complexity Laboratory: 2 years