Founded in 1974, Stoneway Electric is a subsidiary of Crescent Electric Supply. Stoneway has grown from a single location in Seattle, WA to become a recognized market leader in the Pacific Northwest with 17 locations. The company stocks a broad line of electrical, lighting, automation and datacomm products.
Here, leaders inspire, build trust and empower employees to achieve their best. As a family owned business, Stoneway offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. At Stoneway, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and the flexibility to balance your life’s priorities.
Stoneway is proud to offer their full-time team members competitive compensation packages and a first class benefits package, along with advancement opportunities. Some of our benefits include 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans with immediate vesting and company match, Paid Volunteer Time, Merchandise Discounts, Holiday and Vacation Pay, and Flexible Spending.
The Datacomm Business Development Manager is responsible for working in a lead capacity to coordinate sales strategies and business development with select current and potential Stoneway DataComm customers, acting as the lead contact for selected product suppliers, manufacturers and representation firms, and working as the product manager for new and existing product lines.
Work closely with manufacturer’s representatives to:
- Make customer sales calls outlining Stoneway DataComm’s products, capabilities, and value added services.
- Assist account managers in identifying customer needs, performing competitive analyses and negotiating final bid/project proposal requirements.
- Create Stoneway DataComm alliances with end-user accounts that have existing and future cabling and network hardware needs driving products under our umbrella of capabilities.
- Conduct research to identify new customers and sales opportunities, initiate contact, and deliver presentations to key decision makers.
- Monitor all projects within territory, tracking competition, researching incumbent products, vendors, and contractors.
- Organization and coordination of Stoneway DataComm customer events and counter day events.
- Participate in industry organizations and committees that provide insight into products, markets, customer needs, and industry standards.
- Identify strategic alignment opportunities.
- Position Stoneway DataComm to receive registration specification credits on all projects in our geography.
- Establish territory business plans with major suppliers, partners, and representation agencies.
- Evaluate and direct current and new inventory plans to ensure consistency with industry changes.
- Price comparable product lines.
- Monitor stock quantities for consistency with customer demand.
Stoneway is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Familiarity with installation, product, warranty & systems certifications, major cable training, connectivity & hardware manufacturers (RCDD preferred).
- Have or obtain membership in Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI), North Central Electrical League (NCEL) DataComm Council or equivalent industry organizations.
- Good sales aptitude and preference for sales and service-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; technical or business disciplines preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing, distribution, and/or consulting experience in the voice/data/video industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales or sales management experience a must.
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability