To be considered, please apply via the link below:
Join our network of health centers that stands behind the belief that all people are entitled to accessible, comprehensive, quality and affordable health care. Join our interdisciplinary team of qualified and dedicated where we nurture talent with values-driven and Trauma Informed Care principles and provide professionals with opportunities for growth and support.
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment rooms, patients, instruments, and materials to provide quality care. In addition, Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and provide chair-side assistance to dentists during exams.
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- High school diploma
- Must have graduated from an accredited Dental Assistant program
- Three years of experience as a Dental Assistant is preferred, though recent graduates may be considered
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred
- X-ray certification in PA mandatory
- Must have current CPR certification and Hep B Vaccination
- Be fully trained and competent in digital x-ray and electronic health record software programs (Centricity/Athenacare, Visdental, etc.)
- Must comply with all OSHA and CDC requirements
- A team player with excellent attitude and extremely patient friendly
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies (materials, cement, amalgam, composite, impression), and equipment
- Assemble instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments
- Collects and records patient health information thoroughly in the electronic health record (Centricity) regarding all treatment plans and procedures completed
- Manage patients and educate on all procedures during dental procedure/treatment
- Perform medical history update, blood pressure reading and x-rays as determined by the dentist
- Maintains dental supplies inventory; confirms clinic schedule in conjunction with front desk.
- Print x-rays as needed as well as periodontal and full mouth charting from electronic health record for Endo, Crowns, Removable Prosthetics and scaling/root planning’s for insurance preauthorization and billing for treatment completed.
- Complete lab work on time (models, trays, occlusal rims), as well as coordinating outgoing and incoming lab cases, assuring that lab slips and return dates are correct, and calling labs for pickups
- Flush water lines daily and perform DUWL disinfection procedures weekly
Salary starts at $16 per hour; higher salary commensurate with experience.
Why Should You Apply?:
- Nurse-managed, person-centered, holistic, and trauma-informed care facility
- Multi-disciplinary departments co-located for integration
- Competitive salary and generous benefits and PTO plan (22 vacation days starting your first year!) with great location in Philadelphia
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West Philly housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS). Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home, and recognized by HRSA as a National Quality Leader for Behavioral Health.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities. Network services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
RHD employees and programs in the City of Philadelphia are required to follow the COVID vaccine mandate. The City of Philadelphia has issued an Emergency Regulation Governing the Control and Prevention of COVID-19 Mandating Vaccines for Healthcare Workers and In Higher Education, Healthcare, and Related Settings (“Vaccine Mandate Regulation”), which mandates vaccine for healthcare workers and in higher education, healthcare, and related settings. This mandate became Effective on August 16, 2021 and requires Healthcare Workers and certain workers at Healthcare Institutions to be fully vaccinated by October 22, 2021. Fully vaccinated means it has been two weeks since the final dose of vaccine. Thus, we now require vaccination prior to start for all new hires.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.60 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
As a healthcare center, we are currently following all CDC guidelines. We provide staff with PPE, including gloves, masks, and face shields, and work stations are partitioned with plexiglass. We require all staff to wear masks & be vaccinated.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Dental Assisting: 3 years (Preferred)
- X-Ray Certification in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Required)
- degree from an accredited Dental Assistant program (Required)
Work Location: In person