The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are
with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space
age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and
This administrative assistant position will provide a full range of complex administrative work assignments supporting a Director of General Counsel in our Lockheed Martin Space Business Area.
The individual selected for this role will effectively perform the job duties as described below and exhibit the identified attributes for success:
- Sustained effective multi-tasking in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with continual conflicting priorities
- Flawless maintenance of calendars, meeting and travel arrangements
- Proficiency arranging and coordinating travel (including international) and expertise processing expenses through Concur system
- Regular professional interface with executive level leaders and customers
- Proactive partnership and coordination with Line of Business, Major Functional Organization and corporate staff
- Interface with external attorneys
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate special events (e.g., small and large multi-discipline group meetings and conferences, teleconferences, and/or video conferences)
- Create MS PowerPoint chart/agenda production and reproduction and coordinate badge access, as applicable for meetings
- Managing the flow and handling of confidential, sensitive and proprietary information
- Effectively interfacing, coordinating, and collaborating with other LM Space Executive Assistants
- Exhibits a highly-motivated, can-do approach
- Demonstrates initiative, discretion and tact in managing email, telephone calls and other requests
- Ensures all correspondence is accurate, complete and properly handled
- Utilizes personal computer and standard desk top software (full complement of Microsoft Office Suite) to access LM systems, compose correspondence and update spreadsheets and presentation charts
- Assures administrative detail on all projects: updates and statuses delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines; handles all inquiries within capacity; provides backup materials for callbacks; fixes commitments to maximize time efficiency
- Screens visitors to control interruptions and preserve schedules; provides meeting backup data as needed and arranges all amenities for same
- Determines priorities regarding non-routine situations
- Performs additional special assignments as required
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, a 9x80 work schedule, and healthy living incentives.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments at one time and complete assignments accurately and on time
- Ability to be flexible about work locations by providing support at both our Waterton Canyon campus and our Deer Creek facility as needed in Littleton, CO
- Five or more years of experience as an administrative assistant, including supporting executive management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with other administrative assistants and staff supporting the leadership team of an organization
- Exceptional organization and coordination skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and phone skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and maintain strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of leadership attributes to address executive’s needs, the surrounding work environment, and customer interfaces/requests
- Able to apply a systematic approach to action items and deadlines
- Demonstrated effective complete and timely communications
- Knowledge of systems applications such as MS Office Suite, Skype, VTC, Sharepoint, as well as Concur to make travel arrangements (including international), prepare expense reports, order supplies, request to visit, etc.
- Experience managing calendars, travel arrangements, and completing timely expense reports
- Be able to prioritize requests.
- Working knowledge of Lockheed Martin (LM) policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s and/or additional related education/training
- Ten or more years of experience as an administrative assistant, including supporting executive management
- Legal Secretary/Paralegal or prior corporate legal experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.