ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT ELIGIBILITY LIST (ASA II)
Date Posted:January 9, 2019 Closing Date:
July 31, 2019
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Recruitment Number VA1061
Posting Period A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies. Qualified applicants will be kept active from January 9, 2019 through July 31, 2019. At the end of the list life, applicants will need to reapply to establish eligibility.
On Campus Only No
Working Title ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT ELIGIBILITY LIST (Administrative Support Assistant II) OFF-CAMPUS APPLICANTS ONLY
Class Title ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT -12 MONTH
Salary Range (From $ to $) $2,600 - $4,458 per month (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range). Listed salary is for full-time 12/12 month equivalent positions.
Department University Wide
Number of Positions Multiple
FLSA Code Non-Exempt
Full-time/part-time Varies by position
Pay Plan Depending on department position could be 10/12, 11/12 or 12/12 month
CBU/MOU R07 - CSUEU Clerical & Administrative Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/4960
Hours Per Day Varies
Days Per Week Varies
Primary Duties The Clerical Pool Eligibility List is intended for qualified applicants to be called upon for probationary, temporary, or emergency hire appointments, in any department, on an as-needed basis.
Interested parties, not currently employed as staff by CSU, Chico must apply for placement on the eligibility list in order to be considered. The life of the eligibility list will be six (6) months but may be extended up to one (1) year. At the end of the list life, applicants must reapply to re-establish eligibility.
The Clerical Pool Eligibility List is not intended for current CSU, Chico employees. For consideration of temporary and/or probationary positions, current CSU, Chico employees must apply to the position of interest when posted on the CSU, Chico on-line employment system.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department. Depending on departmental needs, interviews may be conducted at any time while the Eligibility List is open.
These appointments serve a one year probationary period after which can be granted permanent status. Please refer to the Collective Bargaining Agreements for additional information at http://www.calstate.edu/hr/employee-relations/.
Temporary appointments can be granted for up to one year and may be extended or can expire at any time. These appointments do not serve a probationary period or are granted permanent status. Please refer to the Collective Bargaining Agreements for additional information at http://www.calstate.edu/hr/employee-relations/.
Emergency Hire Appointments:
The emergency hire appointments can vary in classification, salary, and length (not exceeding 180 days) and provide varying levels of general office, clerical, and secretarial support for students, faculty, staff and/or administrators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE:Incumbent must possess:
SKILLS:Incumbent must possess:
- Working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- General knowledge in the use of standard office equipment (computers, copiers, phones) and standard office software packages such as, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of applicable University infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Some positions require working or basic knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
ABILITIES:Incumbent must possess:
- Fundamental writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate standard information.
- Typing and keyboarding skills.
- Active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills, as work often involves frontline contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals.
- Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Understand standard office procedures.
- Use standard office equipment and standard computer software, and quickly learn to use new office support technology systems and software packages.
- Identify and solve standard problems where policy and procedures are referenced and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Learn and apply a variety of basic to moderately complex policies and procedures, and able to identify deviations from applicable policies.
- Perform standard arithmetic calculations of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
- Apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems, participate in developing practical, thorough, and at times, creative solutions.
Required Education and/or Experience
This position requires experience to be proficient in performing most or all work assignments and should include administrative support, coordinating and prioritizing many different clerical tasks, applying and communicating policies and procedures. The qualifications listed above would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and two years recent experience in an office environment.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
- Experience in event planning.
- Experience with basic budgets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Previous customer service experience.
- The person holding this position may be considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This is considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- Some positions may require the selected candidate to maintain a valid California Driver’s License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Driver’s Training course throughout employment.
- Some positions may require the selected candidate to pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment.
Eligibility for benefits and fee waiver depends upon the job assignment.
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at http://www.csuchico.edu/pa/chico-facts.shtml. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University’s 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment – see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 01/09/2019
Close Date (posting close date) 07/31/2019
Open Until Filled No