PEAKE is searching for a Sr. Network Administrator to join the CSRA/NCIS team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Tests and analyzes all elements of network facilities
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources on multiple enclaves utilizing software and hardware tools
- Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance
- Analyzes network performance, usage, traffic flows, access, and interfaces
- Provides technical planning and analysis for communication activities including designing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, training users, working with appropriate vendors, and performing preventative maintenance services
- Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies an trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies
Required experience and knowledge:
- Documented experience of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer system/network engineering
- Prior experience providing services of this type in a large government environment
- Experience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multiprotocol environment, including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, BGP, OSPF, Spanning-Tree, VPC, VRFs, Ethernet, ATM, , and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media
- Experience with routers, switches and firewalls
- Bachelor’s degree (may be substituted for additional years of experience
- 7+ years of related Cisco UCS and Unified Fabric experience
- CCNA Routing and Switching certifications or DoD 8140 equivalent
- Active Top Secret clearance is required to start, must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
- Current CISSP certification is a Plus
- CCNA Datacenter is a Plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Cisco UCS and Unified Fabric: 7 years (Preferred)
- CISSP certification (Required)
- Active Top Secret security clearance (Required)
- CCNA Routing and Switching (Required)
- CCNA Datacente (Preferred)