• High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and TWO years paid work experience in a Social Services or Human Services agency.
• Completion of at least 60 quarter college credits and ONE year paid work experience in a Social Services or Human Services agency.
• Completion of the Minnesota State College Public Welfare Financial Worker Program or Human Services Program (completion of internship not required).
• Conversationally fluent in Spanish language, including previous experience using Spanish in a work setting
• Work experience or training in the METS system.
• Paid work experience determining and approving eligibility for Medical Assistance in Minnesota or the equivalent in another state.
• Paid work experience determining program eligibility for public assistance programs such as SNAP food support, MinnesotaCare, cash assistance, or child care assistance in Minnesota or another state's equivalent.
• Completion of an internship for the Minnesota State College Public Welfare Financial Worker Program or Human Services Program.
• Associates degree or higher in behavioral sciences, human services, accounting, math or business.
• Customer service (both in person and over the phone) in a high volume setting.
• Experience explaining complex rules and requirements to customers in person and over the phone.
SELECTION TECHNIQUE: Your training and experience will be rated based on the required application material submitted and the top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is located at our Stillwater Government Center. The primary work responsibility for this position is to determine eligibility for Medical Assistance through the MNSURE system. Other duties include being the first point of contact for people inquiring about all public assistance programs.
HOURS / DAYS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri. Work schedules (hours and days) and location are subject to change based on department needs.
ANTICIPATED HIRING RATE: $22.14
The Eligibility Specialist determines client eligibility, provides case management and helps achieve service goals for health care, employment, veterans and other public assistance programs using an advanced level of technical knowledge of multiple programs, departmental processes, and automated caseload administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a High School diploma (or equivalency) and two years of paid work experience in a Social Services or Human Services agency; or completion of at least two years of post-secondary education and one year of paid work experience in a Social Services or Human Services agency; or completion of the Minnesota State College Public Welfare Financial Worker or Human Services program.
CORE COMPETENCIES, JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL JOB PERFORMANCE
Core Competencies outline essential business and professional traits necessary to perform this job.
• Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace;
• Demonstrates ability to apply the principles and practices of public human services programs;
• Demonstrates ability to conduct interviews;
• Demonstrates ability to explain complex rules and programs so they can be understood by people of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds;
• Demonstrates ability to read, understand, apply and explain complicated and detailed correspondence and reports, regulations and policy directives;
• Demonstrates ability to analyze and interpret written, numerical and verbal data from various sources;
• Demonstrates ability to enter data accurately into a applications such as Excel and Word;
• Demonstrates ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly; and
• Demonstrates ability to prepare, clear, concise and accurate records and reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide eligibility determination and case management for clients in need of public assistance:
• Review applications;
• Interview applicants and collect required documentation;
• Explain rules and regulations of the programs and potential outcomes;
• Verify the completion and accuracy of documentation, analyze information, and apply complex policy and law to determine eligibility;
• Approve, modify, and terminate eligibility for public assistance programs;
• Impose sanctions and other penalties for non-compliance;
• Assess emergency situations, determine immediacy of needs and requirements for resolution and intervention;
• Provide public assistance case management using multiple systems;
• Maintain concise and accurate records to ensure program integrity;
• Interpret and apply federal, state, local policy and administrative procedures in determining eligibility;
• Mentor, train, and provide technical assistance to other staff;
• Collaborate with employment counselors, social workers, nurses and other internal and external partners to assess client needs and coordinate service plans; and
• Collaborate with the investigative agency to identify and refer potential welfare fraud situations and overpayments.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is sedentary in nature performed within the Government Center or satellite offices. Continuous contact with the public, other staff and other agencies. Lifting requirement of 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Wrist and finger manipulation due to filing, compiling, calculating, or computer work. Equipment used will include computer, typewriter, calculator, telephone, copy/fax machine and others. Exposures may include but be not limited to disagreeable odors, communicable diseases, bodily fluids, difficult and challenging behaviors. Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above, but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.
This job description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and level of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The County retains the discretion to add or change the contents of this job description at any time.