Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
H+H’s Finance division is seeking a Director of Fiscal Affairs to lead a small team that will oversee and perform essential tasks related to the planning, coordination, and oversight of H+H’s financial sustainability plan. This oversight process, known internally as PLANit H+H, is a combined workflow to support new initiatives throughout the H+H system. It includes strategizing; ideation - narrative proposal and business planning process; work plans to operationalize efforts; and monitoring of new initiatives. It is an effort to synchronize across various central office divisions, facilities and initiatives to enable investments in strategic areas through clinical services and financial planning, and to contribute to H+H’s financial sustainability.
The Director will provide management and oversight to the PLANit process, establishing a standardized approach to the planning, reporting and monitoring of these initiatives, and enabling both internal and external accountability. S/he will establish and oversee the PLANit office, including the onboarding and supervision of two staff. The Director will play a key role coordinating with a variety of executive sponsors across divisions and facilities and ensuring smooth communication and transparency. The Director will also oversee, in conjunction with the other staff, the tracking and monitoring activities, and will provide coverage and support for a wide variety of activities. Finally, the Director will present on the overall process and accomplishments to ensure broad understanding and awareness across the system.
She/he will need to become well-versed in Health + Hospitals full breadth of operations and initiatives, including clinical growth strategies, value-based payment, revenue improvement efforts, and operational efficiencies. This position has great potential for learning and development, exposure, and advancement.
- Manage and oversee the PLANit Office, including all processes related to Business Plans, Work Plans, and Monitoring.
- Troubleshoot issues in system-wide processes and create short and long-term solutions, modify processes and communicate workflow changes to resolve.
- Develop monitoring framework and process; communicate, implement, and maintain process and present on outcomes.
- Coordinate and facilitate a wide variety of meetings, including with initiative sponsors, facility CEOs, and other executive leadership and delegates. Liaise and communicate directly with senior leadership as needed.
- Support the Clinical Service Planning (CSP) Committee for coordination, communication, and follow-up needs.
- Supervise PLANit Office staff; conduct weekly check-ins, guide work processes and set priorities, review work, provide feedback on work products and presentations, implement bi-directional feedback.
- Monitor investment commitments, actual spend, and returns on investment and ensure consistency with financial plan.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and other special assignments for CFO, CMO and other Central Leadership for strategic projects; Present analysis to facility CEOs, CFOs, and Budget Directors.
- Conduct program planning and evaluation for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and other government partners for existing and upcoming programs; report on initiative progress.
- Oversee Business Plan review and development process; position requires financial analytic capability to review business plans across a wide variety of initiatives to ensure they meet minimal quality standards and provide in-depth assistance as needed.
- Other related duties, as required.
- Establish clear, standardized processes for the PLANit workflow.
- Oversee development and implementation of a monitoring framework.
- Facilitate strong and open communication across various Central Office divisions and H+H facilities.
- Coordinate with various Central and Facility offices to track and report on initiative spending, revenues and other operational metrics, critical to achieving H+H’s Financial Plan goals.
- Maintain and report on the status of projects and initiatives. Understand delays and project gaps, recommending solutions to ensure milestones and timelines are meet.
- Brief Finance and other Senior Leadership on emerging issues and, where needed, recommend solutions.
- Foster positive working relationships between the CFO’s office and other executive offices to ensure coordination and alignment.
- Work cooperatively with senior staff and promote inter-departmental coordination and communications.
1. A master’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or business administration with emphasis on accounting and financial systems from an accredited college or university; and seven (7) years of responsible level experience in fiscal management or administration with an emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in responsible administrative or managerial capacity; or
2. A baccalaureate degree with a major in related fields, as indicated in (1) above, from an accredited college or university; and eight (8) years of experience as indicated in (1), of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible administrative or managerial capacity; and
3. Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants with:
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Master’s in Healthcare Administration (MHA), Master’s in Public Policy, or a related field.
- Strong analytic capabilities.
- Healthcare delivery system experience.
- Working understanding of federal and state healthcare initiatives and regulations.
- Superb listening skills and ability to build trust quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with internal and external constituents, at every level of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple projects simultaneously and delegate responsibilities when appropriate.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and the stress of undertaking multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to distill complex issues into simple, coherent ideas.
- Strong organizational skills.
How To Apply:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,389.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- fiscal management: 7 years (Required)
- administrative or managerial: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off