Assistant Café & House Manager
The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of Post-Office Cowork & Post-Office Exchange. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day Cowork & Exchange operations, maintaining high standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service in the café and a personalized, high-touch xperience for both our cowork guests. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the experience by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles, House Rules, and the Visions for the Future of Post-Office Cowork.
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Oversees cash drawer management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Operations Director as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the desired guest experience aligned to the Vision.
- Proactive in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the Company’s service standards.
- Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the cafe in the areas of cafe appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- Ensures that all drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of
- coffee, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee regions, and the differences in flavor and blends
- food products, including the ingredients, diet and food tolerances, stories behind local supplies, and can articulate how our menu works with seasonal offerings
- be knowledgeable in cross selling coworking and events
- Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Training & Development:
- Ensures that all hospitality practices are followed, with care for our guests and the highest level of attention to detail.
- Ensures that guests are regularly checked on and that their needs are being proactively and promptly met.
- Ensures consistency of guest experience and coworking environment.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of
- o coworking and event pricing structures
- o use of the Post-Office app
- o features and amenities of the space
- o story behind and differentiators of Post-Office
- Creates Event Plan for events and ensures that they are executed properly.
- Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion Guiding Principles, House Rules, Standard Operating Procedures, and most importantly, the Vision.
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or Post-Host.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
Available shifts and compensation:
- College education preferred. 3 years retail management experience required.
- Highly proficient with technology; familiar with software programs such as Square, Slack, Excel.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $14.00 - $16.00/hour.
About Post-Office Coworking:
Post-Office isn’t just a coworking space, it’s a completely new work lifestyle. Imagine working without being tied down! Learn more about us at http://www.post-office-cowork.com/.