Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures by producing, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images that are used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis.
1. Greets patients, explains the procedure and puts them at ease before the exam. Answers any questions.
2. Ensures the safety and comfort of patients.
3. Processes the images taken and presents them, along with all necessary paper work, to the radiologists for interpretation.
4. Maintains familiarity with computer system in order to complete exams as necessary.
5. Keeps each room clean and stocked. Insures that diagnostic equipment is sanitized after each patient.
6. Interacts with nursing floors and receptionists to insure that patients have the appropriate preparation for their ultrasound exams.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ultra sound training.
New Milford-21 Elm St
Mon-Friday 11:30 am- 7:00 pm with rotational on-call responsibilities.
Diagnostic Radiology NMH
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.