Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer to drive corporate security initiatives that protect the security of over a billion people. You will work on the Corporate Security team designing, building and supporting the infrastructure and services that allow Facebook to move fast, securely and at scale. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
Enhance the security posture of corporate infrastructure and tools
- Perform security assessments of core corporate services
- Build tools and automation to enhance the security of our corporate services
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing tools using an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.)
- Knowledge with internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening with an emphasis on endpoint security (OSX, Windows, Linux, mobile platforms)
- Knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Problem solving experience