Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a HR Specialist.
HR Specialist Responsibilities
The position provides support to regional HomeCare branches through administration of various aspects of Human Resources and employment compliance. Additionally, performs a variety of administrative support functions for the Executive Director, with a secondary reporting line to the Operations Human Resources Manager. Duties include but are not limited to recruitment, compliance, training, auditing and oversight of key functions related to administrative and direct care staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manages regional recruitment of administrative and direct care staff.
- Manages regional employee engagement and retention programs.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, & ResCare requirements through direct action and oversight of multiple branch locations.
- Reviews metrics related to workforce planning, staffing and other initiatives and develops plan to ensure adequate applicant pipeline.
- Conducts periodic/scheduled audits of local branches to ensure compliance with internal and external mandates.
- Manages accident and injury reporting and claims for the region.
- Conducts and ensures compliance with mandated training requirements.
- Represents the local branch in Job Fairs/Hiring Events/Local Staffing Initiatives
- Ensures completion of Corporate initiatives related to employee performance, development, or internal mandates.
- Completes data entry in required employment, payroll and scheduling systems (ADP Enterprise, Point of Care, Cornerstone, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 or more years of employment administration or human resources experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong technical skills including intermediate or above experience level in MS Office applications
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain positive interaction with employees and customers
- High school diploma or GED; some college coursework or associates degree preferred.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Job Type: Full-time