Metrica is looking to hire an accounting intern. This full- or part-time, paid intern will help our busy finance department support all their various needs.
We're seeking a detail-oriented, organized multi-tasker who loves learning new skills, is steadfast in staying flexible, and enjoys a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will feel comfortable processing large volumes of data and will excel in resolving accounting discrepancies.
You can expect the following tasks on your ongoing to-do list:
- Review vendor invoices and input them into our accounting system
- Reconcile monthly statements
- Maintain accurate records of vendor invoices and supporting documentation
- Follow up with vendors and staff on payment status, invoice documentation and authorization, and other issues related to billing.
- Perform other administrative and ad hoc tasks.
This role is a good fit for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Evidence of strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Status as an undergraduate student or as a recent graduate in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Availability to work at least 3 workdays a week in our San Antonio, TX office
- Capacity to work at least 20 hours a week Monday through Friday
Metrica is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Internship
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)