Skip to Main Content
La Salle Website
La Salle Human Resources
Annual Security Report
Data Analyst, Institutional Research
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Position Title Data Analyst, Institutional Research
Department 200100 - Office of the Provost
Position Type Regular
Position Classification Full-Time, 12 months
Grant/Gift Funded (all or a portion)? No
If Temporary or Grant Funded, Start Date and End Date
Posting Number S0352P
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the Data Analyst performs the collection, maintenance, analysis, and reporting of official university data to both external and internal constituencies.
- Manage data supplied from institutional databases and ensure its accuracy and integrity for reporting purposes.
- Maintain institutional research data warehouses.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to support automation of data retrieval including updating/maintaining business rules, input/output requirements, and other procedural and technical matters.
- Design reports, spreadsheets, and report generation procedures.
- Interpret and provide official institutional statistics for a wide variety of external agencies as well as internal constituencies.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects.
# of Direct Reports N/A
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of experience with database management systems and data analysis.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access or Filemaker Pro, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relevant reporting/querying tools.
- Experience working with large datasets and a working knowledge of SPSS.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience working in an institution of higher education.
- Previous experience with Argos.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Weekend or evening work may be required during peak periods.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application Open Date 08/03/2020
Application Close Date
Application Open To Internal and External Applicants
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education you have completed (at the time of application)?
High School Diploma
Doctorate Degree (e.g., PhD, PsyD, JD)
None of the above
- How many years of experience do you have with database management systems and data analysis?
Less than 2 years
More than 7 years
- Do you have previous professional experience using Argos?
- Do you have previous experience working in higher education?
- How did you first hear about this employment opportunity?
jofdav.com (Job Opportunities for Disabled Veterans)
La Salle Website
Referred by a Current or Former Employee
Referred by a Friend or Family Member
wib-i.com (Women in Business & Industry)
Other - Academic or Professional Publication
Other - Agency or Search Firm Referral
Other - Diversity Association/Publication Website
Other - Conference or Career Fair
Other - Local Newspaper
Other - Internet Site Not Listed Above
Other - Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- If your answer to the above question is "Other", please specify the source below. If this questions does not apply, please enter "N/A".
(Open Ended Question)
Return to Top
1900 W. Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.