North Shore Rehabilitation Hospital
We are currently hiring Per Diem Occupational Therapists! Come join our new therapy team!
A partnership with Ochsner Health System, St. Tammany, Slidell Memorial, and Select Medical located within The Northshore Medical Complex (64030 Highway 434 Lacombe, Louisiana 70445).
Our brand new 30-bed hospital offers the latest technology and medical equipment, and high-quality acute inpatient rehabilitation care. North Shore Rehab Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility, and independence in daily living activities.
Own Your Future
Why work with us? Because we offer more than just a job. On our team, you will:
- Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families during each patient’s rehabilitation journey.
- Collaborate with an amazing group of nurses, therapists, physicians and support staff to help patients regain independence.
- Be challenged to learn, problem-solve and grow professionally.
- Be a valued member of the Select Medical family of brands, a nationwide leader in post-acute care.
- Have access to a network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers, and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate the patient's level of functioning and develop an individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required
- Home Care Requirements: One or more years of clinical experience and a valid state Driver’s License
Job Type: Part-time
- Clinical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) (Required)