Texas Digestive Disease Consultants is seeking an experienced Front Desk Coordinator for our Downtown Fort Worth Office located at 900 West Magnolia #100 Fort Worth, TX 76104.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Performs various clerical duties for office manager, or providers including: answering telephones, taking messages, scheduling appointments, copying, and creating/scanning charts. Responsible for data entry and patient account follow up, as well as monthly reports.
- Answer and screens high volume telephone calls in a courteous manner, and record messages for providers and other personnel.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Check-in patients upon arrival at the office as well as check-out upon departure.
- Obtain accurate information from patients and ensure all registration forms are complete.
- Collect patient and insurance payments and reconcile charges on a daily basis.
- Verify account balances and refunds for accuracy. Provide information to patients regarding unpaid balances.
- File records in appropriate sections of patient charts in EMR.
- Prepare patient charts in advance and scan documents into charts in EMR.
- Transcribe letters and create forms as needed.
- Maintain files and records in a confidential manner.
- Maintain organization and efficiency of front office, including office supply inventory.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office, front office or scheduling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Skill in operating office equipment
- Skill in handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Skill in handling incoming phone calls and triaging appropriately.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to learn/use other computer programs including Microsoft® Excel, e-mail, Internet, and Microsoft® PowerPoint.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Spanish-English Bilingual is preferred
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment credit and criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.
No phone calls or agencies, please.