Music Therapist - AdventHealth Hospice Care
480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Hospice Care
AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
Full Time Day Shift M-F 8:430
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Travels to patient’s place of residence and conducts assessments and administers Music Therapy.
- Leads one-on-one and group music therapy sessions. Communicates effectively with patients ranging in age from childhood through geriatrics.
- Adheres to the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) scope of practice and competencies and applies the therapy process in pediatric and adult sessions.
- Conducts effective research studies.
- Maintains the safe and efficient operation of the hospice by monitoring equipment safety.
- Performs administrative duties. Identifies needs and opportunities, and makes recommendations for change to the manager. Implements problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
MT-BC (Music Therapist – Board Certified) by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
This position is an integral part of the Mission and Ministry program. Works collaboratively with staff in attending to the holistic needs of patients, families and staff. Uses music and music therapy interventions to address physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals of all ages. Conducts music therapy assessment and administers therapy to preserve and improve abilities for independent function, behavioral management skills, social skills, symptom management and activities of daily living using music. Offers safe and proper services to patients, families and staff through individual and group sessions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.