Requisition ID: 799611
Store #: 001867 Pearle Vision
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At every neighborhood Pearle Vision we believe nothing should keep patients from getting the eye care they need. Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, and people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care or retail.
The Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience, fostering customer retention, and promoting outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing NECE and using effective retail sales skills.
- Develops professional business relationships with other Associates and Doctors.
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements;
- Asking lifestyle questions to determine customer’s vision needs;
- Recommending specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs;
- Assisting customers in the selection of frames and coordination frames with optical measurements and prescription;
- Conducting measurements of bridge and eyesize, temple length, vertex distance, pupilary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools. (where authorized under state licensing requirements);
- Troubleshooting vision issues confidently and bringing to resolution for customer satisfaction
- Aiding in training of new associates to help them understand frame and lens selection.
- Assists with ensuring each store is effectively merchandised and presented according to Planogram and other Company standards.
- Ensures high quality through accurate measurements, correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes.
- Maximizes Managed Vision Care relationships and sales opportunities.
- Assists with the timely implementation of approved Marketing programs by the execution of marketing programs and initiatives, and company standards for signage and promotions.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- ABO Certification
- Experience and results with a retail or customer service establishment
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to issues/opportunities to grow the business
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed customer expectations as well as foster positive and results-oriented associate, doctor and host relationships
- Success in store merchandising and attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability, willingness to take calculated risks, and follow-up
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in retail operations
- 3+ years of experience with a retail or customer service establishment
- Experience with personal computers
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.