- Plan towards and provide excellent math instruction, making every minute count in your classroom.
- Provide differentiated learning opportunities for every student.
- Set and reinforce clear expectations for student behavior.
- Receive feedback and coaching from school leaders.
- Collaborate with other teachers to increase student engagement and achievement.
- Reward positive student behavior and hold students accountable using school-wide systems.
- Engage with family members regularly and participate in school-wide family engagement activities including home visits, phone calls to family members, and school-based meetings with families.
Skills and characteristics
- Possesses outstanding math instructional skills.
- Demonstrates use of data to inform instructional planning.
- Shows mastery and enthusiasm for content/subject area.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate students and cultivate a culture of achievement.
- Holds a belief that all students should be held to high academic standards.
- Possesses resilience and professionalism.
- Demonstrates commitment to school transformation.
- Maintains a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
- Presents ability to be reflective and to incorporate feedback and coaching.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Experience driving student achievement results, preferably in an urban public or charter school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field.
- Must have in-state teacher certification viewable on TN Compass Public Site.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for advancement within the Memphis Scholars network.
- Professional connections with other expert educators who share your commitment to doing whatever it takes to close the achievement gap.
- Weekly professional development sessions.
- Change to maximize your impact by working in schools where we are raising the bar for student achievement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $62,500.00 /year
- Tennessee Math Teaching Endorsement