MultiLingual Solutions, Inc. (MLS) is a woman-owned small business that provides full-spectrum linguistic, analytical, and training support to the U.S. Military and Intelligence Community, federal civilian agencies, and commercial organizations. With services in over 100 languages and resources in more than 60 countries, MLS specializes in mobilizing the linguistic, technical, and management personnel needed to meet mission-critical communications and operational objectives.
We are actively hiring a Russian Linguist to join our team working in Rockville, Maryland. You will be responsible for supporting a government agency and your office with translation, transcription, and/or interpretation services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate and transcribe the foreign-language text and audio into English.
- Type in the foreign language in real-time via social media, text messages, email, etc.
- Interpretation between source and target language
- Translation into English and source language
- Collection from published, online, and broadcast media
- Monitoring published, online, and broadcast media while identifying relevant content
- Summarizing/Gisting while drawing upon linguistic or cultural expertise
- Blogging while drawing upon linguistic/cultural expertise
- Content Management
- Ability to pass an advanced English test
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with adjudicated Polygraph
- Ability to score ILR Level 3 or higher on target language translation test
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience conducting translation, transcription, translation, and/or interpretation
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, LinkedIn and Snapchat. The moderator of the focal point for a social media page or activity is considered a plus.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Cyber, Counterproliferation, and Sponsor Operations areas of focus
MLS is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state, or local laws. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination regardless of their physical/mental disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person