Fair Trade USA's Producer Data Team works with departments across the organization to collect, manage, analyze and share producer data. Producer data is core to the organization’s ability to evaluate the effectiveness of our programs and deliver supply chain insights to business partners.
This role will collaborate with internal teams to operationalize data collection of key producer indicators across all programs at FTUSA (Agriculture, Seafood and Apparel and Home Goods). This data will be used by internal teams to monitor certification program risks on farms, improve our operational performance, and evaluate the effectiveness of the fair trade model. This data also forms a fundamental part of reports shared with brand partners about the impact their interventions are having in their supply chains.
Key responsibilities include: supporting the success of other departments by quality reviewing the information and data received, interpreting qualitative data to enable analysis, and supporting ongoing data collection and analysis.
- Work with team members to standardize and compile data to enable analysis and storage
- Co-design process and documentation to collect and manage information from audits and other inputs
- Interpret and categorize qualitative information to enhance value and enable analysis and reporting
- Coordinate with Fair Trade USA’s Certification team to track operational metrics from audits and data collection
- Work effectively as a team member, supporting peers and providing insights to improve internal procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, logical, systematic, methodical, highly organized, able to problem solve and often work autonomously
- Experience with reconciling, collecting, and analyzing data and reports is desired
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
- Experience working with databases such as SQL or Microsoft Access is a plus
- Familiarity or interest in coding is a plus (such as Python, R, STATA)
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (most notably Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic, and likes to have fun on the job
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of the hiring manager, Nick Dekutoski