Job Title: AWS Operations Engineer
Location: Washington, DC - U.S. Department of State: SA-5 (American Pharmacists Association Building): 2200 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20520
Clearance: ***Candidate MUST HAVE a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance***
IndraSoft, Inc. has an immediate need for a highly qualified AWS Operations Engineer to be a key player on IndraSoft’s project at the Department of State. The project supports global collaborative systems that increase world-wide understanding and good-will through international education programs. The team operates like a small family –collaboration is encouraged, and the atmosphere is varied and fun.
IndraSoft, Inc. is one of DC region's fastest growing and successful companies and was recently selected as a finalist for GovCon’s Greater Washington Government Contractor Award. We offer competitive compensation and benefits programs and foster an atmosphere where employees are valued, accomplishment are recognized, and career growth is fostered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ***Candidate MUST be a US Citizen and have a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Four (4) years of Information Technology (IT) experience is considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of related technical experience in systems administration and engineering with 4+ years of AWS specific experience, including leading cloud migrations
- Experience with AWS administration and migration through scripting.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Familiarity with internetworking protocols, and concepts of IP switching and routing
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to document and diagram technical environments
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to take initiative and lead
As AWS Operations Engineer, candidate must possess strong AWS and server virtualization experience. Candidate should also possess advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
· Strong engineering and administration experiences with AWS EC2 instances, IAM, NACLs, Subnets, Security Groups, VPN connections, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail.
· The engineer will possess strong LAN experience and Microsoft application deployment with Active Directory background.
· Experience with server monitoring and patching tools.
· Must have a strong working knowledge of VMWare and Virtualization design and implementation.
· Familiarity with IP protocols for switching and internetworking, and VPNs.
· Must have proven skills in proper Change Management practices, including with proposing, planning, recording, and tracking system and configuration changes.
- AWS or other cloud computing certification highly preferred.
- Experience working with VMWare and Virtualization
- Experience supporting the Department of State is a plus.
· Strong working understanding of Windows 2012/2016 server, Active Directory, how to create and deploy MSIs, GPOs, IIS, etc... experience with Apple Mac environment is a big plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Analyze, design, implement, document, and maintain AWS cloud environment and cloud servers.
· Maintain, monitor, and administer AWS environment to include EC2 instances, IAM, NACLs, Subnets, Security Groups, VPN connections, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail.
· Conduct testing and integration of applications/databases within AWS.
· Develops Disaster Recovery plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of virtualized services.
· Identifying and implement appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
· AWS Cloud Cost Management and implementing operational cost control mechanisms.
· Utilize various monitoring tools, perform active monitoring and remediation of rouge intrusions.
· Asset Configuration and Management of Cloud and on-premises resources.
· Assess and resolve tier 2 and tier 3 operational and performance issues with the AWS cloud environment, working with vendor support or other organizations as needed.
· Maintain and manage a VMware environment using Blade Servers as ESXI hosts and SAN as storage device.
· Work with technical teams on performance measurement, troubleshooting, monitoring, and diagnosis of internetworking issues involving the standard departmental networks.
· Work with the Operations staff to automate processes for producing real-time performance and availability data for Cloud and Server environments as well as aggregated daily and weekly reports on peak loads, totals, utilization, and cost usage.
· Analyzes AWS cloud requirements for organization and information systems and provides, in writing, recommended solutions for management’s consideration.
· Provides technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration and implementation of cloud/virtualized products and technologies.
· Establishes best practices for AWS cloud environment.
· Develops contingency and recovery plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of AWS cloud services.
· Determines the appropriate services and/or software configuration needed to develop, modify, and implement the cloud architecture and operations that permit the effective sharing and transmission of information among customers.
· Provides senior guidance to management on systems lifecycle including upgrades and potentially complete replacement of existing solutions with new technologies.
· Provides senior interpretations of cloud and server administration regulations and guidance and advises on the procurement of new services and solutions.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $120,000.00 to $128,000.00 /year
- AWS: 5 years (Preferred)
- system administration: 8 years (Preferred)
- Are you a United States citizen?
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement