Olympic Pharmacy Healthcare Services is looking for a Pharmacist to join our dynamic team. The Pharmacist works in conjunction with management to assist in pharmacy operations by supporting the mission, vision, and values of Olympic Pharmacy Healthcare Services. We provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care through filling prescriptions, providing clinical services, and counseling patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures
- Accessible to answer all health-related questions from patients, providers and other patient questions to help provide excellent customer service
- Counsel on all new prescription medications, answer all questions in regards to over the counter medications
- Prescription processing including: verifying that all prescriptions are accurately processed and filled prior to dispensing to patient, check of drug-drug interactions and drug-disease interactions, calling prescriber or their agent regarding questions relating to prescriptions, problems with prescriptions or other health care related issues, assist in inputting prescriptions into computer, assist technician to insure proper billing of prescriptions.
- Provide immunizations (if licensed to do so).
- Provide other aspects of pharmaceutical care, including being proficient with providing MTM services using Mirixa and Outcomes
- Train pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants and assist the pharmacy manager in the supervision of support staff.
- Assure that all federal and state regulations regarding pharmacy practice are
- Maintain competency in all job requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
- Current license to practice as a registered pharmacist in the State of Washington
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have an active pharmacy license in good standing and be immunization certified if applicable*
- Maintains honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times**
- Preference-ability to process a high-volume prescription daily**
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include long hours and weekends**
- Repetitive standing, bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching**
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and pharmacy-related software i.e. QS1**
- Knowledge of laws governing drugs, pharmacy products, and third-party plans**
- Demonstrated practice of and high-level skill in multi-tasking, championing change, initiative, customer service, interpersonal relations including building relationships and resolving conflict, decision making, problem solving, teamwork, and verbal and written communication*
- This a full-time position Monday through Friday with some Saturdays
- Medical, RX, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance benefits are accessible after 30 days of employment
- 401K is accessible through 3rd party (non-employer participant)
- 6 major paid holidays after 120 days of employment
Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products, exceptional customer service, and strive to be an active participant in our patient’s healthcare and well-being.
We have been in Gig Harbor for over 50 years and with the help of our experienced and dedicated staff, you can be assured that your family’s needs are handled with the utmost care and priority. We have a 20,000 sq. ft. retail store providing custom wheelchairs, respiratory products including CPAP, urological/incontinent supplies, Wound care, Ostomy and enteral feeding supplies. We are a full-service pharmacy from simple prescriptions to complex compounds. We have 3 drive up windows to conveniently serve the families of Gig Harbor and surrounding communities.
Job Type: Full-time