The Head of Emerging Technology Operations is responsible to direct the production of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions overseeing a Site within a Site area; managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery and financial execution.
Primary Accountabilities, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a dedicated management team with full accountability for asset profitability and success. Clear accountability for performance improvements and delivery.
- Direct responsibility for the operations team and lead via a matrix organization for functions providing support to execution including Engineering, Facilities, EHS, PM, QA, MSAT, QC, PPL. Serving as an integral member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) the incumbent will be responsible for leading the execution of the management team, business partner and functional management teams.
- Incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with customers in delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally. Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards. Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- BS in Science related discipline: Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry
- Expertise in manufacturing with management/associate director experience: GMP experience and API manufacturing experience strongly preferred. Requires excellent project management skills with systematic approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Green belt or black belt preferred
- Proven logic and decision-making abilities, critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates effective leadership
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- High level of suite specific operations and technical skills.
- Demonstrates role model EPS behaviors- e.g. 3 way communication, questioning attitude
- Demonstrates role model safety behaviors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Demonstrate sound decision making, considering broad scope of factors
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in verbal and written form. Able to manage multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, negotiations, collaboration and management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
- Ability to lead, organize and direct complex activities in a broad cross-functional setting. Ability to integrate broader teams to ensure singular focus.
Job Type: Full-time