- Assemble the final construction documents (plans and specs) into bid packages.
- Compile tentative bid list complete with company name, contact person and telephone number, and review with Project Manager.
- Issue to invited bidders an electronic set of plans and specs along with any related information, i.e., plan changes, addenda, itemized bid list, due date, etc.
- Receive and assemble all bids per the CSI file. Prepare re-cap sheet showing extension, unit price, and quantities upon receipt of all written quotations.
Estimating, Take-Off & Unit Price
- Keep current with unit prices through files and records.
- Coordinate all major estimating with in-house estimator/project manager
Contract Negotiating and Purchase Orders
- The Project Manager shall approve all major contract negotiations. Prepare in legible form all back-up data, bids, spread sheets, etc.
- Receive all phone inquires as to content of construction documents, contract documents or the scope of work of a particular trade.
- All Purchase Orders shall be prepared as per company policy and approved by the Project Manager.
- Check all mathematics for accuracy and descriptions of material.
- Highlight items shown on drawings and specs when writing any contracts, which are different than previous jobs.
- All plans, specifications, plan changes, miscellaneous correspondence, etc., shall be addressed to the Project Superintendent via transmittal letters with copies to the Project Manager.
- Keep Project Manager informed as to the latest on anticipated modifications generated by the main office.
- Follow up on receipt of all transmitted correspondence.
- Assemble accurate “as-built” drawings along with all guarantees, product literature, etc.
- Keep office construction plan set updated.
- Make periodic jobsite visits.
- Check and interpret take-offs and types of material called for.
- Shop Drawing Coordination
- Attend/record meetings and process meeting minutes
- Assist in compiling the budget.
- Coordinate budget and buy out to actual specifications, bidding accordingly.
- Review and update budget and review job costs with Project Manager prior to each monthly review with Senior Management.
- Investigate all Field Work Orders before they are issued, price out and approve.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Adobe, Bluebeam, Outlook email and fax
- Must be able to speak, read, understand and write in English
Education and/or Experience:
- College graduate required
- Industry experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)