Type of Position:
(Potential to become permanent)
Primary role will be considered online web content publication with minimal customer service tasks. Web publication includes website and social media platforms. Being fluent with computers is required. Basic ability to use graphics programs like Adobe Photoshop and WordPress plugins is also necessary. However, an ideal candidate would have fluent graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop. This is currently a temporary position with the potential to become permanent. Preliminary training period begins no later than early December and will continue beyond January based on individuals previous experience. Regular work schedule after preliminary training begins January 2020 and runs through March 2020.
Work is to be completed at the Corrales Comment office and can be arranged to take place on Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays. If position becomes permanent work scheduled days can be negotiated.
Average Anticipated Hours:
- Between 4 and 6 hours every other week
Hourly Wage Is Determined On Experience:
- Ranges between $18 - $20 per hour
- Basic graphic design ability using Adobe Photoshop (or willingness to learn). Ability to use Word Press Smart Slider with graphics, building interactive features with url links or anchor links. *Fluent skills in Adobe Photoshop preferred but not required.
- High level of comfort working on Mac computers and with website based software programs. Will be working with Word Press and Word Press plug in applications which require basic graphic design sense and basic technical thinking. Will also be working with Joomla web archive platform to load old content and apply searchable tags. Knowledge of sharing content on social media and linking it back to a webpage. NO HTML or CSS coding knowledge necessary.
- Highly detail oriented with a focus on presentation, technical execution and ensuring online reader’s experience is fluid without any unlinked website features. Expected to load text after running it through a “text scrubber” or copying it from a “plain text” file.
- Ability to upload graphics and catalog them (when applicable) using Word Press’s Enhanced Media Library.
- Ability to maintain an organized presentation of content that is shared on social media (use of albums with content organized by date).
- Ability to generate or learn how to generate reports using Google Analytics and/or Monster Analytics plug ins. Ability to use critical thinking to identify credible and non-credible web traffic reports.
- Ability to use link click tracking software and generate bi-weekly or monthly reports.
Assist website subscribers who are having difficulty with logging in, resetting their password or paying for subscriptions online. Working with Billing Department to update mailing addresses for print subscribers. Customer service aspect is anticipated to be minimal.
Respond to social media followers on posts and through messenger when applicable.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Website Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Web Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 1 year (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday