- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Project
- Project Management
- IT Project Management
Biogen has one of the most exciting pipelines in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. Over the next five years, the company plans to significantly grow its portfolio. This growth brings exciting opportunities to work with our expanding business areas. One of these opportunities is to work in IT Portfolio and Business Operations (PBO) to improve how Biogen IT’s Planning, Operations and Cross Functional Program Delivery.
The IT Portfolio & Business Operations organization (PBO) is establishing world-class capabilities in 3 key areas at Biogen:
- IT Planning: This includes Operational Programs such as IT Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Planning.
- IT Operations: This includes managing IT’s Financial, Human Resource, Procurement and Communications Operational Programs.
- Cross Functional Program Delivery (e.g. large, complex programs that require significant coordination of resources for successful delivery)
The Principal Business Analyst for PBO (The Analyst), establishes and runs Operational Programs to manage IT Planning and IT Operations. Establishing and running Operational Programs includes:
Characteristics of the successful candidate:
- Establishing Deep Subject Matter Expertise: Establishing a deep understanding of the subject the program addresses is essential.
- Defining the program: clearly documenting the program’s compelling goals/outcomes, processes, templates, tool requirements, measures, roles and responsibilities, governance, etc.
- Managing Change: In an Agile way, ensuring complete and effective adoption of the program’s stakeholders.
- Running the program: facilitating the operation of the program and being the chairperson and/or facilitator of the program’s the governance forums.
- IT Product Management: if an IT tool is central to the operational program, The Analyst may act as the product manager for that IT tool (for example: a portfolio management and financial planning tool is central to IT Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Planning, respectively. This may include tools such as currently use tools like EOS & Microsoft Project Online. Additionally, some SharePoint and Oracle EPM administration may be required).
The BPO team consists of Analysts who are superb at the following:
establish data frameworks and collect data to make optimal data-driven decisions.
Making the complex simple.
Identifying opportunities that are paired with compelling implementation plans.
Identifying root-causes of problems and proposing solutions.
Strategic thinkers who bravely share clear visions of a better future for Biogen, adapt these visions based on feedback, then implement them in an Agile way.
Facilitators who tactfully influence team members to achieve shared goals/directives.
- Experience with complex data comparisons, manipulation; ability to translate complex data into simple data-driven recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex topics to audiences with varying degrees of background in the subject.
- Collaborative cross-functional leadership skills, including leading and influencing teams.
- Experience developing presentation material and presenting to executive audiences.
- Ability to assist senior management with strategic plans and road maps, and to translation plans into tactical projects.
- IT project management skills, including project, budget and vendor management is preferred.
- Approximately 5-7 years of experience beyond their academic training in the areas described.
University degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. Masters of Business Administration degree or other relevant graduate degree is preferred.
Employment CategoryFull-Time Regular